Was anyone suckered in by Bush's speech?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vera, Oct 14, 2005.

1. vera Registered Senior Member

This was hyped as a 'major' event...yeah, right. It was deja vu all over again...but was designed by those expert speech writers to sell the public another terror package - heck, they're not supporting the war any more!

Did it work?

George Bush’s “Major Speech” Resets the Terror Trap!

Will America Take the Bait?

The best political weapon is the weapon of terror. – Heinrich Himmler

On the morning of October 6th, George W. Bush made a not-for-prime time “major” speech before a select group of supporters. For those unfamiliar with the National Endowment for Democracy, rest assured that it is a highly controversial, tax-supported group that tries to influence elections in foreign countries. What a perfect audience for the President!

The speech was redundant and unremarkable, despite being hyped as significant’ and highly important. There was little new rhetoric and not an iota of comfort for a nation consumed with concern about the morass and turmoil in Iraq. There was, however a concerted effort to capitalize on a strategy that worked so well in the President’s rush to war in 2003: make them afraid.

The speech this morning was carefully constructed to prey upon the innermost fears triggered by the attacks of 9/11. It pulled out every available stop in an effort to use those alarms to gain support for staying the course in Iraq. The speech this morning was designed to once again lure Americans into the insidious and sinister Bushco Terror Trap.

OILING THE SPRINGS

In case you missed it, the tactics started early in the week. George Bush and Dick Cheney both got the word out last Monday: Without provocation, Bush’s senior aides warned that “a quick exit for US troops could sow a deadly harvest of future terror attacks on US soil.” At almost the same time, Cheney cautioned that Iraq could become a staging area for large-scale terrorist attacks on the United States if troops are withdrawn too early. They had tossed the public some food for future thought.

The next opportunity came at Tuesday’s press conference. The President was asked only ONE question about the war, yet he managed to repeat “terror” or “terrorist” SEVEN times during his exchange with reporters. “We also got [sic] to continue to make sure we meet our obligations to prevent further terrorist attacks,” Mr. Bush reminded us. “Iraq is a part of a global war on terror,” he insisted, without challenge or explanation, as usual.

The stage was set, subtly and craftily to try to win back waning support for the war. The main performance would be on Thursday, when the President would give his ‘”significant” speech to the nation. It would be “the latest shot in a volley of addresses on Iraq by top administration figures” ahead of a referendum on Iraq's draft constitution on October 15. With little fanfare, but with calculated measure, the Trap was being put into place. It was oiled and refurbished and ready to go.

And then it was almost speech time, and the nation waited. They could not have known that the Terror Trap was alive and well and about to be elevated to a new level of prominence.

To see how Bush switched the bait on a new Terror Trap.....
    FULL ARTICLE:

http://www.tvnewslies.org/html/reset_the_terror_trap.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I was totally suckered. Now I believe everything Bush says...stay the course...we're winning the war on terror...got to fight them over there or we'll fight them over here...Iraq had chemical weapons programs...Saddam is an Al Quida terrorist...torture the little piggies...whoops, did I say torture? I meant slight discomfort for the national interest...Long live the Republican Party...All hail our great leader...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I believe everything that everyone tells me to believe.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Your personal bias is showing, vera and spidergoat.

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

urinating whilst walking backwards is suprisingly hard,forwards not so hard but fraught with peril.

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It's just their way of saying that no matter what reason dictates, they are going to keep doing what they are doing. They don't seem to be trying quite as hard to be convincing, either. All they are trying to convince us of is that they are going to do it and we can't stop them.

10. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

Thus why you like George Bush.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, yeah, Mikasa, but I also like all other politicians as well. They keep me from having to think about things that I don't want to be bothered thinking about! Hell, ain't that why "we" hired them in the first place? If not, why DID we hire them?

Baron Max

12. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Yeah it's the second term, Bush can't get re-elected anyhow, the Administration is just sort of undoing it's belt, and the button of it's jeans and sittin' back and taking it easy. They don't care how transparently corrupt or incompetent they seem at this point. The approval ratings are low as hell, and Rove is all busy with this whole treason thing (oops! haha) so really what's it matter? Too much PR work to be done, and no one feels like doing it because it doesn't really pay off big enough.

Besides, the American people are too apathetic to really get worked up or hold a grudge - half will still vote republican in 2006 and again in 2008, and those who still support this administration don't give a damn about facts or reason anyhow - it's their president, right, wrong or outright evil (Saddam just moved the WMD to Syria clearly! or maybe Iran!)

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Was I suckered into Bush's speech? Heck, I didn't even watch it. I can't recall the last presidential announcement of his I've watched in the past couple years because it's always the same thing. Well, that, and he rarely does em in the first place, heh.

- N

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You missed a real hum-dinger, Neildo.
    He went as far as comparing his farcical "War on Terror" to the Cold War and equating Islamic Extremists to evil Communists.
    It really was a pathetic dispaly of the most blatant fear mongering I have seen from this regime.
    Of course he filled it with a bunch of bullshit rhetoric about staying the course, sticking to our guns and not letting them win blah blah blah.
    This administration is buying and selling fear wholesale as a means to control the masses and strive towards their own self-interest driven goals. Remind me again, who are the terrorists?

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Wow, if he's comparing them to the "evil Communists" and people continue to go along with all this, that just proves that American's don't learn from their mistakes. The way we handled propoganda and fear in those days, along with McCarthyism, was dispicable. I thought we all learned from that, but since it all continues to this day with the "War on Terrorism", unfortunately I guess we haven't. By him comparing them to Communists, that should be an automatic red flag that he's full of shit. I guess too many people are being too easily blinded by their emotions.

Yep yep, history ALWAYS repeats itself.

- N