Bush Sinking With Floods

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TruthSeeker, Oct 7, 2005.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Told ya so.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yep, majority is always correct, huh? And is that concept universally true ....or only when it suits your own purposes? ...LOL!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The neoconservative sand-castle obviously won't stand as the waters continue to rise. When it all comes down, and key insiders lose their base of support and then turn on each other, I expect that even you, Baron, will come to denounce the neocon deceptions.

But it has been a close brush with disaster for our democracy. I have been deeply concerned that this administration would turn even more insidious- learning from their mistakes and perfecting their hold on power. I have been worried that a Mideast crisis (specifically the sudden collapse of the Saudi monarchy) or coordinated terrorist attacks (as easily arranged as multiple truck-bombs in various cities) would silence dissent as did 9-11 as managed by Karl Rove's team. I have been concerned that the incremental erosions of our Constitutional separations of power would accelerate while the American public sat stymied.

Although bumbling revolutionaries, the neocons have learned: Even the President has much improved his speech-reading under carefully controlled conditions, sufficient to serve his role as mindless mouthpiece- If you compare the President's delivery over the years, the difference is impressive. In an age of more limited information, he might even have been the trusted voice of an empire. But not now, because reality is cresting the levee of popular American illusions in a few places, and soon few Americans will be able to ignore the obvious. I think the folly and failure of Bush's major policies will soon become obvious even to our friends like-minded to Baron Max.

The neocons have thus far enjoyed a reign devoid of serious and critical scrutiny from the mainstream press, from the opposing party, and from the public majority. If you compare the political heat on this administration with that applied to the Clinton Administration, the difference has been striking.

Until now. This has been largely a result of the cultivated "wartime" rally-'round-the-Commander mentality, but all the same a truly impressive feat of manipulating national discourse. Now the "Over There" war-chant is starting to sound distinctly off-key, and we have Katrina to thank for breaking the national trance that made it seem a glorious anthem.

With a similar scale of loss and suffering that could be blamed on foreigners, that is in a disaster of terrorist makings, the spell would not have been broken. It would have instead rallied. But criticism of our "homeland security" as demonstrated in the response to Katrina has publicly legitimized criticism of the Administration, which is a political levee-break for the White House.

There is now more than enough pent-up scum to drown this Presidency. No furtive blow-job will need be discovered, because far higher crimes have been commited, most prominently the deceptive rallying of the nation for our adventure in Iraq. As with Bubba's blow-job, the actual act will not be as fatal to the administration as the efforts at concealment and deception. Just this sort of squirming is now underway, and I am comforted by the expectation that a true scandal of much larger proportions than Bubba's is going to bring down the neoconservative movement with finality.

But it has been far too close for comfort. Had we had more adept fascists in power, Americans could have been induced to goose-step out into an apocalyptic crusade before we even knew what had hit us. Now, I am hopeful not that we Americans will suddenly understand the world and our place in it with a stunning new clarity, but that at least we have avoided being led like complete lemmings into unprecedented national calamity.

With apologies to the millions of unfortunate victims: Thank you Katrina, and thank you, neocon bunglers. I hope that we Americans will forever remain incompetent colonialists and fascists, a people brave enough to confront our faults, and wise enough to be humble before Nature.

8. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Had they asked, "Do you think Kerry could have done significantly better?" and "Would you vote for Bush if the 2004 election could be redone?", the majority would say "yes" to both. Democrats don't really stand a chance anymore now that the majority is brainwashed into hurting themselves.

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

In that sense, it's a test of how well brainwashed we really are, and a simple matter of time: There is a world of hurt available to disillusion us.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You are not in the philosophy forums. This is not an argument of whether Bush is "right" or "wrong", this is just the results of an opinion poll. So next time you post something, think about where you are and what you are talking about. :bugeye:

majority is always correct, huh?
    Well, no!l Bush got elected, didn't he?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yaba Daba :m:

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

My dog could have run the country better than Bush.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I think my cat would be better then your dog, tough...

13. Viva_el_Che Registered Senior Member

both your pets would have done better, but my pool cleaner would be a better president than both your cat and your dog

I think this is it, the fascist administration of america is losing its power over the masses, people are waking up and realising whats going on. Its over Bush

14. may_wentee Registered Senior Member

Bush will probably be impeached after the 2006 elections if he don't resign first. Based on the recent Polls, the vast majority of Americans don't like what's happening in Iraq and they 'don't' like Bush or his policies anymore. If the trend continues (which it probably will), it appears then America elected and then re-elected a 'Loser' for president.

www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

May_wentee

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"Based on the recent Polls, the vast majority of Americans don't like what's happening in Iraq and they 'don't' like Bush or his policies anymore."

For our own safety, this is an important perception and reality for Americans to encourage- especially important for those who travel extensively. Scandal followed by the popular repudiation of the neoconservative movement will somewhat mitigate the damage and the danger, so I welcome the exposure of the Bushco crooks.

Unfortunately, the damage to the security of Americans as a direct result of this Administration's policies will persist for a generation or more. The bitter rage spawned by recent American belligerence and hubris will inevitably result in decades of aggravated irrationality, culture war, class war, and instability.

Bush's policies have created a new and amplified wave of extremists, and they will certainly harm many Americans without mercy, hesitation, or remorse in the future. How hospitable the street is to these extremists will have much to do with how Americans manage to globally communicate their approval/disapproval of the "War on Terror" in general, and specifically the occupations of Iraq and Palestine.

We may be experiencing a very narrow window of opportunity for the American public to act within: Should there be a dramatic regionalization of the instability Bush has created in Iraq, then panic may preclude rationality in the US as in the Mideast, and our energy and security problems will be rapidly compounded. Then the panicked public grasping for decisive "strong-man" and even ruthless leadership could propel us toward greater national recklessness. That is why I consider impeachment as soon as possible to be very much in the national interest.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I think it significant that we may now consider the likelihood that if you take the GOP view as an organization, they are moving into alignment with my post above. Imagine substituting my concept "Americans" above for "The Party". In the case of big GOP and Dem scisms, substitute "The Cause".

But who will lead? There is a very real potential now for a significant collapse of the Executive Branch, followed by much ferment, producing explosive mixtures within and between the major and minor U.S. political parties.

Throw in a little Old Time metastasizing colonial war, and voila! (What's the French word for that, Condi?) This would result not only in a political, but would also result in a societal roller-coaster such as we have not experienced since Dixie, chicks. You should think about this too, dood.

Kin I git a big "Hell Yeah!"?

Hell: "Yeah".

17. te jen Registered Senior Member

But on a greatly accelerated timeline, just like everything else. Consider - the meat of the Watergate scandal broke in January '73 with the actual hearings beginning in May. Nixon did not resign until August of '74. Can you imagine twenty months elapsing from the first resignations to the final act in today's environment? Plus, Nixon's exit was prompted by the upcoming midterm elections - if the same dynamic comes into play now then the Republicans only have about eight or ten months to figure out what they are going to do.

Good question. If the GOP is concerned about holding power in the face of increasing insanity in the executive branch, they need a clean sweep - a sort of palace coup. The major moderate leadership (Specter and McCain, Hagel, Voinovich and maybe even Warner) could, in principle, touch off such a revolt. Combined with enough pressure from the prosecution, you could get Kay Bailey Hutchinson to step into the oval office for the remainder of the term.

18. may_wentee Registered Senior Member

Let's hear it for the worst president in U.S. history..........???(Silence) That's what I thought. Nothing. > www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

May_wentee

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"Combined with enough pressure from the prosecution, you could get Kay Bailey Hutchinson to step into the oval office for the remainder of the term."

Or for the right price, Hillary would turn Republican quicker than you can say Benedict Ahnold, or at least quicker than she became a "New Yorker".

We are, indeed

Yank-ees.

20. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Yeah, as if 66% of nearly anything can make the Earth rotate in the opposite direction.

If polls were rocket fuel, we'd all have passed Alpha Centauri long ago.

This is Sciinflatables.com, right?

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Mr.G: "as if 66% of nearly anything can make the Earth rotate in the opposite direction."

We're not discussing anything so momentous- only the sudden political exposure and collapse of the Bush Administration. While this may seem unthinkable to many who drank deeply at the Bushevik well, or may seem like something to dismiss as implausible, here it comes anyway.

Broaden your sources of information, G and then you will understand how and why the aggravated, antidemocratic deceptions committed by this Presidential cabinet will soon lead to its utter discredit and downfall. Exactly how far the purge will go is still unclear, but heads are certainly going to roll. Public opinion and public opinion trends have been significant factors throughout the cycle of leaks, news, and investigations precipitating this.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, look at the public opinion polls this way ......68% of the American people are obese! What does that tell you about how well the American people can think?

How would y'all like it if "the majority" ruled the nation?

It's funny how some people will use "the majority" to further their OWN agenda, yet scoff at "the majority" if they go against their agenda! Hippo-crits, huh?

Baron Max

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yep.

Exactly! That's why they voted for Bush not once, but twice!

So if the majority is starting to realize Bush's deception, then you can see how extremely bad the Bush administration have gone.....!

Defintely better the Bush. Even an octopus is better then Bush. :bugeye:

Like.... you?

Yaba Daba!