Can we make BLACK HOLES?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Rigelsir00, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

TELL ME ARE WE ABLE TO DO THAT?IS E=MC2 INVOLVED WITH THIS?A CHALLENGE,HA?LETS PUT THOSE BARINS TO THINKING.AND IF WE CAN , WILL THEY GOBBLE EVERYTHING UP?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

not yet

black holes are still hypothetical no matter how hard people want it to be as a FACT

therefore, let's not speculate on making one!

even if it is a fact, of wh

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

ss

at stuf is it made of????

of black paint or what

(note: plasma cosmologists don't need black holes and other SF stuff to explain how the universe works)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

WHAT YOUVE SAID IS NOT RELEVANT.I POSTED THAT TOPIC BECAUSE I WANT PEOPLE TO TELL ME IF WE ARE ABLE TO DO IT OR NOT.

8. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

nope

okay, the answer is no, you gotta know WHAt it is to make it and we don't know it

if we would know it, then it's probably YES (keeping in mind scalar technology of the KGB)

9. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

definitely,YOU ARE WRONG.JUST THINK IT OVER.

10. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

he

do you do that often? opening a topic in question form and you knowing the answer (though I think you really don't have clue yourself)

11. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

WELL,YOU THINK I DONT EVEN KNOW THE TOPICS I PUT UP.IF I DONT HOW HAD I POST THE SUBJECT BEARING IN MIND THAT THIS IS TOTALLY UNKOWN FOR ME.

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

At present Black holes are still theoritical. It remains in the realm of Astrophysics and as such is unproven. The theories predict certain behaviours to the physcial space and time if this theory is true. Certain aspects have been found that support the theories but no one has actually seen one or traveled inside of one and reported back. By it's very descriptive nature it does not sound as if this will be possible to do. If it is proven then it is likely that it will still remain a theory as that is the way theories tend to do. Most of Einstein's Theory of Relativiety has been proven true but it still remains as theory.

While E=MC² is postulated as being correct and most accept this as true, we can not actually convert mass to energy or energy to mass other than by normal means that we are accustom to. What I mean is that we are not able to build a machine that will take energy and convert it directly to mass.

13. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

THE ANSWER IS YES.JUST THINK IN PARTICLES TRAVELING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.THE ENERGY RELEASED COULD BE CONVERTED INTO MASS.THEREFORE,LITTLES BLACK HOLES WILL BE FORMED.

I SUMMED IT UP.

14. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

that's the stupiest thing i've ever heard

"little black holes"

jeesh, what's next?

15. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

I almost forgot something.This "little black holes" would be created by collisions among them.If you think I am wrong let me know.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The evidence for the existence of black holes is very strong. There are many sources of radiation of various types which must be either black holes or something currently unknown to physics (my money's on the black holes).

To make a black hole all you need to do is collect enough matter in a small enough space. The easiest way to make one is to allow a large star to undergo gravitational collapse. If we wanted to make one out of the Earth, we'd need to compress the earth to the size of a small marble. Then a black hole would automatically form.

17. Rick Valued Senior Member

uncertain aspect of black hole is what fascinates me most(we havent yet experience what happens if we cross singularity of blackhole),i would love to cross a blackhole horizon if i get a chance to and see the effects of it.

bye!

18. Rick Valued Senior Member

agreed with James R on the evidence thing...

uncertain aspect of black hole is what fascinates me most(we
    havent yet experienced what happens if we cross horizon of blackhole),i would love to cross a blackhole horizon if i get a chance to and see the effects of it.

bye!

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

This crossing the event horizion thing fasinates a lot of people. It is like staring at a deadly snake. Should the theories be correct, then you would be torn down to your componet atoms long before you ever reach this point. Gravity, intense and gradient, (like bands, layers, or zones) to the point that if you were falling feet first the difference in the gravity at your feet and the gravity at your head would literally tear your body apart. Then the pieces would be seperated and this would continue until there was nothing left but atoms.

In the example of gradient gravity, this is not accurate but gives a good working tool to mentally grasp the concept.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2001
  20. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

Thank you everyone.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It would be possible to cross the event horizon of a large black hole with no ill effects. Perhaps counter-intuitively, the tidal forces near the event horizon of a black hole actually decrease with increasing mass of the hole. These are the forces which tend to stretch you out and compress you sideways - a process sometimes called "spaghettification", for obvious reasons.

While you might cross the event horizon without injury, once you had crossed it you would be in trouble. You could not communicate with the outside universe in any way, and you could never cross back into the space outside the horizon. Moreover, you could not avoid moving towards and hitting the singularity of the black hole. Before you reached the singularity, the tidal forces would tear you apart, ultimately reducing you to your constituent subatomic particles.

22. Hevene Registered Senior Member

About a dozon black holes have been seen in outer space. It can be detected either by rhe Hubble or ground-based telescopes or using indirect means. Using Newton's Laws of motion, we can calculate the rough mass of the spinning masses around a tiny neclues picked up by the teloscopes and hense their escape velocy and that is equal to the speed of light.

From Einsein's curved space, if a black hole curves the space so much that it will create a tunnel and eventually meets another from a parallel universe. This is like like bridge connecting two universes called EinsteinRosen bridge. It is believed that if you fall into a black hole, you will be vrushed at the centre as the gravitational pull became infinite.

But in 1963, Roy Kerr (a mathematician) described the rotating black hole. Unlike the stationary black hole, callapsing to a point, the rotating black holes creates the centrifugal force which keeps the ring from collapsing into a point. So he reasoned that anyone falling through the ring wil fall into another universe, but if you touch the ring as you fall would be killed. His description is a wormhole.

To create a black hole now may seem impossible as the energy required is so huge (10^19 billion electron volts) that we cannot yet make on earth. But in the future, this could well be possible. Just imagine in Newton's time, when he worked out the escape velocity of the earth to be 25,000 miles per hour, but in his time they only have horse powers. The situation is similar that we can calculate this massive energy needed, but we only have hydrogen bombs and rockets.

23. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

IF YOU WANT TO GO TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE , YOU SHOULD PASS THROUGH A WHITE HOLE AFTER THE WORM HOLE.