Does ANYBODY know what anti-gravity is?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Rigelsir00, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

Lets talk about that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Anti-gravity?

Yeah, it's just another leftist, conspiracy-based movement.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

opposite

gravity is the opposite of gravite, easy no??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

gravity can be turned into EM and vise versa, see Tom Bearden et.al

gravity is no fundamental force

or look up for Sansbury's work where gravity is caused by polarisation inside electrones and thus electrostatic forces

gravity

and not only gravity, also light .....
    which would explain why photons are so strange - there are none

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

c'est moi ...

Great URL ... explains everything (or attempts to)!

Had a little problem with the math though.

Welcome to Sciforums.

Take care

PS Might want to check out: <a href=http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/bunn_on_plasma.txt> <font color=red>Article</font></a>

Last edited: Dec 9, 2001
  8. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

I'll give it a try:

Well, as far as I know, anti-gravity is the same as gravity of the vacuum, which means something like this:

There are many and many theories about the expansion of the universe, we all know about the big bang.
    In the first 1.0 * 10-37 orso seconds there was a faster expansion then you would expect with the regular rules of gravity and stuff.

This is explained in the inflation theorie of alan guth.
    Now we come to anti-gravity; it is a kind of force, 'packed' in vacuum (as some strange kind of energy which has something to do with much stranger theories I don't understand) which can 'push' matter and stuff when the energy comes free; that's the anti gravity.
    Because of this energy the universe was able to expand so fast in that early peroid.

The theory has also something to do with the future of our universe, when it occurs that anti-gravity will again be expelled from vacuum in the very future when we only have black holes and very large 'gas-clouds' it could completely change the universe with a number of changes I can't tell in one post, letter or book.

This is what I think anti-gravity is, but I could be wrong on some points, so any corrections are very welcome offcourse....

(I'll try to get a day off somewhere this week to read the info on that link....)

9. Rigelsir00 Registered Member

What do you mean by "comes free"?Are you proposing that the anti-gravity is the opposite of gravity?So,gravity attracts and anti-
    gravity push.????

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Antigravity is a repulsive force between two masses due to their mass and/or energy. It has never been observed, except in a cosmological context. The inflationary period immediately following the big bang would have had a kind of antigravity force operating, causing the universe to expand extremely rapidly for a short time.

Recent observations suggest the universe's expansion is accelerating due to a special type of antigravity force described in general relativistic models as the result of a "cosmological constant" term in the field equations.

11. Bobby Lee member Registered Senior Member

Opposition General

Antigravity is a pretty general term that could cover alot of things that follow this basic law of physics?

If I where a psycologist, working for the man, I would use this to bait dangerous persons...eg.. them mentioning explosives...

Or, a disestablishmentarianist, ect..

bjl

Last edited: Dec 10, 2001
  12. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Yes! <font size=-2>fnord</font> But if I told you I would have to kill you, national <font size=-2>fnord</font> security and all that.

All you need to is to be bend space<font size=-2>fnord</font> time in the opposite direction using a negative energy density or a fluct<font size=-2>fnord</font> uation in the scalar Higgs field.

Does that help us create it. No.

13. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Does ANYBODY know what anti-gravity is?

Or extremely strong magnetic field lines...

http://focus.aps.org/v7/st27.html

14. Christoepher Registered Member

Anything humurous is anti-gravity

Christoepher.

15. Dreamsa Dare to Dream! Registered Senior Member

Antigravity:
    Reality or illusion?

Evidence seems to point to reality!

16. Brainz0 Registered Senior Member

Gravityless gravity

One theory I've heard suggests that virtual vacuum "frothing" occurs everywhere, and both pushes matter and expands space. The frothing is suppressed near masses, so the larger the mass the greater the pressure from "outside." Thus antigravity is a weak effect that becomes obvious in large interstellar or intergalactic space, and contributes to or causes the gradual speeding up of the expansion of the universe. (To control or use "antigravity" would thus require selectively reducing the frothing on one side of a mass to allow the pressure on the other side to exert an unbalanced push.)

So, there is no attractive or repulsive force between masses, just gradients of pressure from virtual "frothing" in empty spaces.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2001
  17. John Devers (AVATAR) Registered Senior Member

First I think we need to find out more about what gravity is, that first link was quite heavy, these might be a bit lighter

<A HREF="http://www.emis.ams.org/journals/LRG/Articles/Volume3/2000-3hough/index.html" target=new><FONT COLOR=lime size=+1> Gravitational Wave Detection by Interferometry</FONT></A>

<A HREF="http://www.emis.ams.org/journals/LRG/Articles/Volume1/1998-1rovelli/index.html" target=new><FONT COLOR=lime size=+1> Loop Quantum Gravity</FONT></A>

<A HREF="http://www.emis.ams.org/journals/LRG/Articles/Volume1/1998-13loll/index.html" target=new><FONT COLOR=lime size=+1> Approaches to Quantum Gravity in Four Dimensions
    </FONT></A>

I found this incomplete list from the above links quite interesting

2 Quantum Gravity: Where are We?

This is a non-technical section in which I illustrate the problem of quantum gravity in general, its origin, its importance, and the present state of our knowledge in this regard.

The problem of describing the quantum regime of the gravitational field is still open. There are tentative theories, and competing research directions. For an overview, see [121 ]. The two largest research programs are string theory and loop quantum gravity. But several other directions are being explored, such as twistor theory [154 <], noncommutative geometry [68 ], simplicial quantum gravity , 65 , 61 , ], Euclidean quantum gravity [104 , 107 ], the Null Surface Formulation [85 , 86 , 87 ] and others.

String theory and loop quantum gravity differ not only because they explore distinct physical hypotheses, but also because they are expressions of two separate communities of scientists, scientists who have sharply distinct prejudices, and who view the problem of quantum gravity in surprisingly different manners.

18. Dreamsa Dare to Dream! Registered Senior Member

Hi!

This is something about anti-gravity:

19. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

I don't understand what gravity is, much less anti-gravity!

Gravity is the force we are perhaps most familiar with, but in many ways it is the strangest of the fundamental forces.

Gravity acts across great distances.
    It is smooth rather than appearing in quanta.
    It's an extremely weak force.

We constantly feel its effects, but what is gravity?

Michael

20. Dreamsa Dare to Dream! Registered Senior Member

Hi!

Gravity is just one of the four foundamental forces of nature.
    It is the weakest among the four!

It also exists in quanta, I think(quantum gravitation)!

21. Brainz0 Registered Senior Member

Superstring gravity

According to string theory, the gravitron is one of the string modes in which the negative mass caused by its vibration exactly cancels the huge energy/mass caused by its tension, and the shape of the vibration causes the gravitational effects between other particles (strings). Heavy!

:bugeye:

22. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

The idea of quantum gravity, or the Grand Unified Theory (GUT) is a speculation about the special, high density conditions associated with either a black hole or just after the big bang (before the Planck time). Other than inside a black hole, today, gravity remains squarely in the province of general relativity. The gravitaional attraction between atoms and subatomic particles is negligable by a huge margin! Conversely, quantum uncertainty may be safely ignored in predictions of the movements of large structures, such as stars or galaxies. Under normal conditions gravity and quantum effects remain very distinct phenomena.

String theory predicts a particle with zero mass and a spin of two, which might be a "graviton", the quantum carrier of gravitational force.

Michael

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Gravity and Anti-Gravity...

Cool quote Dreamsa... ""The real world is only a distorted shadow of the perfect form!"...

Well, here it is:
    Gravity is the STRONGEST of the four forces in Nature.
    Anti-gravity is one force that exists mainly outside the Universe (there are exceptions...)
    Gravity is also one dimension.

It is too complex to explain here... I will think an easy way to explain...

P.S.: Contradictions, Paradoxes... the less believed Scientists were right, weren't they...?

Blessings,
    Nelson