Universe = Unity

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Carcasm, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Carcasm not a Nilometer, a Realometer Registered Senior Member

Perhaps all of life in the Universe began in one place, rather than "popping up" on a planet under the right conditions. Infinite comets and collisions dispersed the matter that the genesis of life existed in. This matter later formed into planets. These planets have varying conditions that affected the development of life. Perhaps the genesis of life in the universe did not make it to every planet. Perhaps if it did, the effects of collisions did not always allow for its survival. Organisms developed into their complexities when it became necessary for them to do so-when change occured. Perhaps catastrophic events- like explosions and collisions- are all that are necessary for a simple lifeform to become complex. It is hard for me to grasp that life simply exists when it likes the conditions it is in. I find it easier to view all of life in the universe as connected to one another- as is life on Earth- from incredibly simple origins. Look at the Universe with utter objectivity.
    Thoughts and criticisms, please.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Carcasm not a Nilometer, a Realometer Registered Senior Member

Perhaps I should have posted in the Philosophy forum,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

for that was the style of response I'm looking for.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. deleted

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

well, you are right. all matter came from one place (big bang) and that matter (atom) fused to form more complex atoms, and into planets. planets then have a possibility (if novae, and comets carry the right matter to it) to form life. however some parts of the universe don't have the right atoms, in the right proportions, to allow life.

9. Carcasm not a Nilometer, a Realometer Registered Senior Member

No sooner could the question be answered scientifically. Yes, philosophy certainly doesn't provide the answer. But one should not look for the answer when it comes to questions such as this, for we cannot fathom it. Resorting to science, which is in a sense only theory, immediately dissolves an consideration of my thoughts- which is itself theory.
    ...did you just call me "old man"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. deleted

11. Blandnuts Registered Senior Member

This pondering always reminds me of a dog chasing it's tail, mates.