Photo Reading

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by liv4christ, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liv4christ Registered Member

Hello,
    I was just listening to the program on the radio, so I checked it out on the Internet via Google.com and typed "Photo Reading" and it came right up as the second item. I opened it and read about it...seems very interesting. The Hefty $250 for the ordered version and $750 for the seminar is quite frankly more then I can afford as I am a DeVry Student at this time. What the photo reading program offers is really very facinating. As it looks, it would be a very worth-while investment. However, if anyone knows of a less costly version...or another place to get it, let me know.
    Thanks alot.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zzz Registered Member

Call (800) 894-8359. I picked up this number from an infomercial on the radio (870 AM in S.CA).
    They charge $199.- + S&H total = $219.85.
    Ordered it Dec. 26 2001. Still waiting for delivery. They said it will be 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bnorton49 Registered Member

Scam alert

I just took a look at their web sit and it has bullsh*t written all over it. They make wild unsubstantiated claims such as this one:

"Your conscious mind can handle seven pieces of information at a time, while your subconscious mind can handle a staggering 20,000 pieces of information. "

C'mon. Where did they come up with those numbers? Couldn't they have provided a site? This is the Internet after all - it's not that hard to do.

They claim to have 200,000 satisfied users, but do you know of a single one even indirectly? Don't you think that something that produced such astonishing results would have made at least a mention on TV or the newspapers?

Save your money.

Bill Norton
    Austin, TX

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zzz Registered Member

PhotoReading

I have posted here earlier relaying my experience with PhotoReading. This link had me looking at subdyn.com:

http://www.subdyn.com/photored.html

I have ordered the course from subdyn and went through it too.
    PhotoReading is definitelly a copycat. The concept is the same but subdyn is more comprehensive and is taught much better.
    This is a skill that takes practice to master. Once you have completed the course, you will probably still not be able to flip pages at a page a second and feel like you have read the book in the normal way. This will take much more practice and getting-used-to. Subdyn course explain this and lays out daily exercises you should do for at least a month after copmleting the course.
    It takes work. No magic there.

There is a discussion group dedicated to subdyn, started by a person who took the course and wanted to get the word out.
    This is a good platform to ask questions about this course and recieve replies from people who have taken it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/subdyn7/

8. Ash711 Registered Member

7: The magic number

Hi everyone, about the fact that our conscious mind cand handle 7 piece of information at a the time, it is extract from a book "The Magical Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two: Some Limits on Our Capacity for Processing Information" by george A miller who (in the 1950's) spoted that our short-term memory can retain 7+/-2 units of information (where a unit can be a letter, a word, a phrase etc...)
    But the other number (20k) for our inconscious mind is just.... ad bullshit (imho)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

just like the pseudo fact that our mind can store 20 teraB of information, no proof, just speculations
    we cant even locate a clean distinction between what is conscious/inconcsious (in a neurobiologic way) so before measuring it .......:bugeye:
    A good page about the number 7:
    http://www.well.com/user/smalin/miller.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.