Infinisphere.

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by wyzowl44, Jun 22, 2005.

1. wyzowl44 Registered Member

In the Infinisphere (Infinite Sphere) there are an infinite number of "Big Bangs" resulting in an infinite number of universes. Has anyone ever detected a very dim unexplained light source, either blue or red shifted, from a neighboring universe that may be approaching us or receding from us?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. UnderWhelmed Registered Senior Member

To sum up what people are going to say. There is nothing "outside" of the universe (the term universe means everything). The universe is creating itself so to speak (expanding). Therefore nothing can be found outside of the universe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BHS Riposte Artiste Registered Senior Member

In a related note, is there any proof that "the" Big Bang wasn't in fact a number of Big Bangs all occurring at around the same time, in close proximity to each other? Does the math exclude this possibility? I'm not being facetious. I really don't know the answer to this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

'Proof'? Certainly not. The entire 'theory' is a mathematical model. Admittedly, there's a lot of corroborating observations. As far as the theory goes, I don't see why it couldn't be the case that there were in fact numerous 'Bangs' simultaneously. Even if this were the case, the whole event lasts something like 4 x 10^-26 seconds so, lasting for such a short time, who would (could) know?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. BHS Riposte Artiste Registered Senior Member

Sorry. "Proof" was the wrong word. I've been over on the political threads a lot.

When I say "around the same time" I'm thinking more along the lines of years, not infinitesimally small lengths of time.

9. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

10. Shitstorm Registered Member

I hope we're in one of the yellow universi(?), I love yellow.

11. Shitstorm Registered Member

There is an interesting theory that is discussed in "the elegant universe". Under some interpretations of string theory (which one I'm not certain) where multi dimensions can lead to multiple universes, universes that are large sheets that may flap like flags in the wind, and as they flap they occasionally touch and cause" big bangs"...leaving the idea open that there may be big bangs in our universes future that do not mean complete re/destruction.

12. Lucas Registered Senior Member

What's the formula of the Infinisphere? I doubt that you're employing GR, so in a 3D Euclidean space, the formula of a sphere of radius R is
    x^2+y^2+z^2=R^2. Are you wanting to put infinite (oo) in R?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!