could it be?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by azizbey, Jun 13, 2005.

1. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

hi
    if a BH is suspected to be at the center of every galaxy, to hold the stars, i wonder if infinite number of BHs spread to the universe at the birth of the universe, ie Big Bang, which itself was the mother of all BHs.?
    please send me constructive criticism, thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheHeretic Registered Senior Member

Lately Ive been wondering how those BHs got there, I used to think that every galaxy was formed by a big bang. But now im thinkin that the first stars formed after the big bang formed those black holes, and galaxies formed around those black holes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Novacane Registered Senior Member

Maybe at the point or location where the 'Big Bang' happened all of those billions of years ago, there might be the 'Mother of All Black Holes'. I wonder (if it indeed was there) how big (billions & billions of solar masses) it would be?

Novacane

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lucas Registered Senior Member

You may be interested in Smolin's "Cosmic Natural Selection", in which the Universe sprang from a Black Hole. That said, Standard Big Bang theory don't postulates that the Universe emerged from a black hole

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

the big bang does not have a place, it is everywhere. spacetime its self came from the big bang, so, the big bang happened at every point in the universe, because it was the universe.

you should not think of the big bag as matter exploding out into space. you should think of it as space its self expanding. this may be hard, because you might try and envision the universe expanding into something, but you can't do that

9. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

but there is not enough time for that. first stars formed a billion years after BB. then they have to live 5-6 billion years to end up as BH. ( considering larger than Sun BHs burn faster than sun). then add the time for the formation of the galaxy around that BH. considering universe is 12-13 billion years old, it doesnt seem to possible to me. please correct me if I am wrong

10. TheHeretic Registered Senior Member

How accurate can an estimation of our universe be, the age is mostly based on assumptions. Assuming the unvierse is 12-13 billion years old yeah its not likely but that age isnt set in stone, so i wouldnt eliminate the idea completly based on an estimation.

11. Novacane Registered Senior Member

It's older than the oldest Black Hole I guess. Next question. How old is the oldest Black Hole?

Novacane

12. blobrana Registered Senior Member

The age would be limited by inflation and the high temperature of the early universe.
    Though it is possible that very small black holes were formed just a few million years after the BB.

Just a million years after the temperature got low enough for atoms to form, and eventually coalesce into massive stars, I suppose you could get stellar BHs.
    Galactic black holes would take a bit longer for the first stars to merge together at the heart of embryo galaxies (unless they were `seeded` right from the start) .
    I would take a stab at 250 million years after the BB.