Best Tax software?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by JamesMorrison, May 29, 2005.

1. JamesMorrison Registered Member

Need a advice on tax software. Can anyone give me the benefits of experience on the best software for individual federal tax preparation? Also, since I am new to this forum, is their any way I can sign up for automatic e-mail notification to threads that I post to or where to click to see just those threads to which I have responded irrespective to those I have not contributed to?

JM

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I use TurboTax Premier. I am sattisfied with it but not thrilled with it. I have to buy the premeir edition rather than the basic edition because I own a rental property. My taxes are semi complex and take me about 8 hours each year and would take me about 16 hours if I did not use TurboTax. I need a low cost stock trading accounting program that works with Scottrade downloads because my schedual D is taking up a lot of time and TurboTax can't automate that for me. Turbotax does a good job a sort of leading me down a path that completes page after page of tax return without me seing the work, but if I need to step of the path TurboTax can become awkward and annoying at times.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.