Take the money and run west

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Chatha, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Kudos to Mr. Bono of the musical group U2. While he is no Erasmus he is definitely up there amongst dare devil humanists. There are many celebrities like Bono engaged in the fight against poverty around the world, but sadly they are barking at the wrong tree. Poverty is here to stay and I will illustrate briefly in this passage. Before I continue, keep in mind that the rich are only rich because of the poor, it will also help you better understand this passage better.
    One reason why we will always have poverty in third worlds is because of the developed countries, particularly in production. Money is the same as goods and services, and the rich are ideally the group producing the most. Today the GNP of developed countries is alarmingly greater than the underdeveloped ones’. It will continue to be this way because the technology of production is developed and perfected in the developed countries, only fragments are marketed to underdeveloped nations, cutting their relative output level. This is normal, as the market level and demand in third world countries cater for relatively underdeveloped goods anyway. The ratio of the outputs will always remain the same, at least judging from history and technology. For every one good produced in third world, 10 will be produced elsewhere.
    I have a friend who once used his life savings to buy a ticket to one of the developed countries; he has since been living there. However what he is actually after is a better life. Similarly, but not off topic, for any manufacturer to sell their products/ create demand, the environment has to be conducive by rendering other products invaluable. Daimler Chrysler will never agree on a plan to make every car in the world a Mercedes because it will include the lower class types and make the name less valuable, and realistically it’s only a matter of time before another car manufacturer springs up. In the same way of “for every market to work there has to be a demand”, Western goods/money is valuable because of the demand from the majority of the world, which are also the third world countries. This artificial demand; for lack of a better word, is why we have richer countries. Hence, to stay rich you have to make them stay poor. This is based on the fact that resources are limited. Lets not also forget that producers need a place for cheap labor.
    Rich and poor are relative terms, but one thing everybody agrees on is how to attain either. Rich nations in the west have long colonized and embezzled goods and cultures around the world, e.g. France, Britain, Spain, and Netherlands. I am particularly interested in Germany, who shortly became a prosperous economy again soon after the detrimental World War 2, could it be the short term spell of embezzlement and theft? Many Towns in Germany were sadly heavily destroyed during the war, particularly the town Dresden. Agriculture was null and Germany doesn’t have too many raw materials like Russia for example. On the contrary, Germany is today one of the most productive societies in the same Europe. Safe to say that for African and other third world nations to become developed, they would have to do the same or near the same. The U.S is another prime example, robbing Iraq under pretentious citations; I assume someone had to pay for shortchanging the U.S after the world trade center attacks. All in all, embezzlement works; it has been working since the Vikings and will always be around us. However third world nations will have to stand in line as the one with the biggest gun embezzles.
    I hope with this few word I have been able to convince Mr. Bono of some essentials. He should imagine the world as one single market, and as we know every market needs demands and manufacturers. I wish him the best but he needs to take an economics class and stop wasting everybody’s time. Developed countries did not do it overnight, and sure will not give anyone such privilege otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

There is only one reason and that is the freemarket ideal you hold up is actually an avarious financial based economic system that survives solely on debt . The Freemarket Capitalist System can only exist on debt and the flow of interest as its profit . This is why there is poverty and death in the 3rd world whilst millions starve all existing money reserves must go to debt repayments !

30,000 human beings die each day across the Third World from the result of starvation and abject poverty thats 11,000,000 a year. They die because of the Fanatical market policies run out of the offices of the affluent parasitical Western financiers .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Artificially created demand, the manufacture of crap out of competition, and military power will never let developed countries aid third world nations. Essentially third world countries are like feeding tubes and safe to say third world nations are blind to the ideal that there is only one market

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.