List of TECHNOLOGIES/ADVANCES that will change the world

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by HighlyFanatic, Nov 20, 2001.

1. HighlyFanatic Registered Member

Let's compile the list here. Communications, Military, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, black projects, you name it.

Write down as follows

name of advance--global implications

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MuliBoy psykyogi Registered Senior Member

Subliminal advertising: Oops, already been done. But soon it should be accepted as a way of shortening the breaks on tv. Annoyed viewers welcome straight input of brandnames and ideals so their tv-watching wont be interupted. TV-companies become richer by having infiniteplus more commercial slots to sell. Advertisers pay less for more directly efficient label imprints in the consumers.
    Everybody wins

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Subliminal advertising
    Except for the broke consumer with a brand habit and needing counseling.

Genetics- The ability to "program" out undesirable traits that have been the scourge of humanity since we as a species have existed. Who would not like to see the end of heart problems, glasses, and cancer? Of course, over time, this will also make the human race more alike even to skin tones. So that to has benefits as the race tension will lay down due to skin color and will be brought back by Joe Blow's great, great, great whatever was a such and such.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MuliBoy psykyogi Registered Senior Member

Those are just symptoms of a healthy economic society.
    Love it or leave it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. spankyface Registered Senior Member

Quantum Computing - complexity, realistic simulation

Cybernetics - Medical, military, programming, and more fields made more efficient

Genetics - Implications in tons of medical areas, genetic engineering, donor, military urgent reattachment of a limb or similar situations

Brain mapping - understanding thought enough to apply it directly to a task through brain readers. Art, Science, Computers, Communication, Education... everything will be bettered when humans can more thorougly express themselves. Politics would become much scarier when brains can be controlled.

Teleportation - obvious benefits

9. Counterbalance Registered Senior Member

Pharmaceutical -- long awaited cures.

Much is in the balance. Fingers crossed.

10. Hiro Registered Member

Gamecube? lol, sorry

The conversion of carbon dioxide to oxygen?

Are we listing advances that should happen or is happening?

11. HighlyFanatic Registered Member

HIRO: We are listing advances should happen and are happening...

by the 2040;

organic based computing--using carbon, DNA architecture....supposdly more powerful than quatum computers!

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

In the advertising, I fear the MuliBoy is correct.... shades of Blade Runner

13. AmerEagle Registered Senior Member

Implanted ID-Info Microchips(?)

I have a printout from some free newsletter list, haven't read it yet, don't know if I could find if anytime soon. It was about "Verichip". Anyone else know about this stuff?

14. AmerEagle Registered Senior Member

Implanted ID-Info Microchips?

I have a printout about "Verichip" but haven't read it yet, don't know if I could find it any time soon. Anyone else know about this? :bugeye:

(If this is posted twice, sorry. It didn't appear to post the first time I tried it.)

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

The emergence of super-intelliegnce, machines with inteligence greater than human, within the next 30 years make predicting anything beyond that time practically impossible.

Super Intelligence - The futue existence of homo-sapiens.