Voyager 1 and Carl Sagan

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Red Devil, Nov 18, 2001.

1. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Carl Sagan

What a loss for us when he died. Have you read his very last book "Billions and Billions"? Reading that book made me mourn for him even more.

Teri

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

i read Cosmos already then started again but i stoped and couldn't help myself because i wanted to read Pale Blue Dot. I am reading that now. Good!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Carl Sagan

The loss of Carl was a blow to the sum of the knowledge of mankind, he was a genius, pure and simple.

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Not only was he a genius but he managed to bring that wonder of the cosmos to the everyday man.

9. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Exactly right, Wet1, anyone who is that brilliant and can translate all that knowledge into layman's terms is a genius.

It's just so sad that we have to lose people who touch our lives.
    I hope the next generation get a great reincarnation of him (or something like that). But you know what I mean don't you?

The television had the movie Apollo 11 on the other night and I watched it avidly. It was such a shame that the Kennedy's didn't see the results of their dreams. America has a lot to be proud of.

Teri