THE BIG BANG is dead......

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by cosmictraveler, Mar 5, 2005.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It's a theory based on a theory based on an assumption made nearly 75 years ago, that THE ONLYCAUSE OF REDSHIFT IS RECESSIONAL VELOCITY. And that assumption was wrong. Observations in 1911 of intrinsic redshift in young stars crippled the recessional redshift of galaxies before it was imagined. Halton Arp's identification of physical connections between high-redshift quasars and low-redshift active galaxies in the late 60's dealt the mortal blow. The discovery of quantization of redshifts signed the death certificate.

Still the Big Bang rises, vampire-like, to haunt the night, sapping the vitality and the integrity of astronomy. Photos are cropped between active galaxies and their ejected quasars. Dark matter spawns dark energy.

Unquestioned superstitions and ritual mathematics adorn a conceptual graveyard into which are interred billions of dollars of public funds.

http://www.dragonscience.com/red/arpteaser.html

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

Well, I am not an expert but I would think that scientist have a good bit of evidence to support an expanding universe. Even I can poke a hole it this theory.
    they are. there are many ways to tell distance. most methods use a luminosity relationship, not redshift.

p.s. you shouldn't just copy/paste summarize what the article says and then give the link so people and read it if they want.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lucas Registered Senior Member

Besides, redshift quantization is a fallacy. It simply doesn't exist

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.