Universe is a holographic brain?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Gravage, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Gravage Registered Senior Member

This question is only for all scientific experts on these boards!
    1.Is it possible that our brain stores a memory in the form of hologram,what are the most recent discoveries on the memory in the brain(SINCE WHEN YOU CUT ANY PART OF THE MOUSE'S BRAIN HE STILL DOES HAVE A MEMORY-HOW TO EXPLAIN THIS,IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IN EVERY NEURON OR IT'S CONNECTION WITH ALL OTHER NEURONS MEMORY IS STORED?) ,and what holographic universe theory doesn't explain?
    I truly want to clear out these things:
    2.Is it true that the memory is stored in the brain in the form of hologram?
    Chris Duffield(guest scientist-explorer on Stanford University) said this(PLEASE,READ THIS):
    Karl Pribram is one of two scientists who created the holographic tehory of the universe was exploring aspects of mind,consciousness and brain.David Bohm was exploring physical aspects of the problem,with world of subatomic particles,and with quantum of stars and galaxies.
    karl Pribram started to explore this because of 2 great mysteries:how and where is memory stored in the brain,and second-how does sensory pereception function?
    Karl Pribram spent lots of time on these experiments and SUPPOSEDLY FOUND OUT THAT MEMORY INSIDE THE BRAIN IS STORED IN THE FORM OF HOLOGRAM-is this true?
    KARL PRIBRAM SAID AND SUPPOSEDLY FOUND OUT THAT MEMORY IN THE BRAIN IS STORED IN THE FORM OF HOLOGRAM.MEMORY IS STORED IN THE GREAT PART OF THE BRAIN,AND IF WE CUT PART OF THE BRAIN,MEMORY WOULD BE KIND OF FOGGY,BUT IT WOULD BE STILL THERE.

WHEN WE TALK ABOUT SENSORY PERCEPTION,KARL PRIBRAM SUPPOSEDLY FOUND OUT THAT OUR VISION IS NOT PROJECTED IN THE BRAIN IN THE FORM OF PHOTOGRAPH,BUT IN THE FORM OF HOLOGRAM(SUPPOSEDLY)-WITH ANOTHER WORDS,THE FREQUENCY IS TRANSMITTED IN THE BRAIN,AND THE SIMILAR INFORMATIONS,BUT NOT IN THE FORM OF PICTURE,BUT IN THE FORM OF HOLOGRAM.

So,is this true,is it truly possible that our brain's memory is a hologram?
    I mean this theory began in 1982,but things should have been change in the next 23 year-long exploration on question,where is memory truly stored in the brain?
    Are there any proofs for it,or memory being a hologram is totally wrong these days,since I found an link where there were found centers for the short term memory(supposedly)?

3.Universe as a hologram-that would mean this is all illusion,we're all simulations,but based on what-frequencies(every universe in a different frequency),I truly don't think so.
    What holographic universe theory can't explain.
    It seems to me this theory more like science fiction,than reality.
    Are we all holograms?
    But what gives the enrgy to that hologram?
    People think that our reality and the matter which builds that reality is some form of solidified cosmic energy.
    True,false?

4.Can anyone tell me what is the real diffrence between hologram and the real,solid matter?
    Also,it doesn't explain dark matter,dark matter can't be expleined by holographic theory of the universe,right?
    Also,a solid object is made of atoms and the cohesion between the atoms,but an holographic object are merely photons...right or I'm totally wrong here?
    Thanks for all of your times and patience to read these questions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lucas Registered Senior Member

Umm, the brain a hologram? I think that lesioning some key parts of the brain can cause serious damage to the memory. I would be convinced that the brain is a hologram if that it wasn't the case, that is, if you cut a huge portion of the brain and all of your memories stayed intact, but I think that this is not possible. Anyway, here's an interesting article about Karl Pribram
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Pribram
    "The holonomic model theorizes that memory/information is stored not in cells, but rather in interference patterns. Pribram was drawn to this conclusion by two facts: there are response functions in the visual cortex that correspond to Gabor functions, which are related to hologram image functions, and that one can make drastic lesions in animal brains which reduce - but do not extinguish - memories (training), as demonstrated by Karl Lashley. Pribram utilizes Fourier analysis, based on the Fourier Theorem, which is a form of calculus that transforms a complex pattern into its component sine waves."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.