History of the universe in 200 words or less

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Joey Profit, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Joey Profit Registered Member

If this has been posted before then I apologize. I couldn't find it after a google search.

Orginally from here:
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3fs8i/hist/hist.html

The History of the Universe in 200 Words or Less ​

Quantum fluctuation. Inflation. Expansion. Strong nuclear interaction. Particle-antiparticle annihilation. Deuterium and helium production. Density perturbations. Recombination. Blackbody radiation. Local contraction. Cluster formation. Reionization? Violent relaxation. Virialization. Biased galaxy formation? Turbulent fragmentation. Contraction. Ionization. Compression. Opaque hydrogen. Massive star formation. Deuterium ignition. Hydrogen fusion. Hydrogen depletion. Core contraction. Envelope expansion. Helium fusion. Carbon, oxygen, and silicon fusion. Iron production. Implosion. Supernova explosion. Metals injection. Star formation. Supernova explosions. Star formation. Condensation. Planetesimal accretion. Planetary differentiation. Crust solidification. Volatile gas expulsion. Water condensation. Water dissociation. Ozone production. Ultraviolet absorption. Photosynthetic unicellular organisms. Oxidation. Mutation. Natural selection and evolution. Respiration. Cell differentiation. Sexual reproduction. Fossilization. Land exploration. Dinosaur extinction. Mammal expansion. Glaciation. Homo sapiens manifestation. Animal domestication. Food surplus production. Civilization! Innovation. Exploration. Religion. Warring nations. Empire creation and destruction. Exploration. Colonization. Taxation without representation. Revolution. Constitution. Election. Expansion. Industrialization. Rebellion. Emancipation Proclamation. Invention. Mass production. Urbanization. Immigration. World conflagration. League of Nations. Suffrage extension. Depression. World conflagration. Fission explosions. United Nations. Space exploration. Assassinations. Lunar excursions. Resignation. Computerization. World Trade Organization. Terrorism. Internet expansion. Reunification. Dissolution. World-Wide Web creation. Composition. Extrapolation?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Here is mine in one sound: auuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm :m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nomadd22 Registered Senior Member

Bang. Huh? Fizzle.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sicksixix Registered Senior Member

existence did what existence does, itself

8. pilpaX amateur-science.com Registered Senior Member

it sounds more like history of evolution.

And, isnt there a theory that there were others, like cyanobacteria before photosynthetic unicellular organisms not vice versa.

9. Joey Profit Registered Member

Hell if I know, I just copied and pasted it because I thought it was sort of funny.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

It began and it exists.

11. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Nothing, flash, explosion, plasma, atoms, gas, galaxies, stars, planets, life, people, technology...
    Artificial intelligence, interstellar exploration, unified galactic consciousness, exponential cosmic expansion, star formation ends, last stars die, baryons decay, black holes evaporate...
    Nothing.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Ah yes, the question that has always haunted me:
    why should black holes evaporate? If there is singularity in them, does it evaporate too?
    Maybe a good link?

13. Yorda Registered Senior Member

why should black holes evaporate?

because nothing lasts forever. the singularity doesn't vanish because it never appeared either. it was there all along, but it couldn't be seen until the black hole appeared.

14. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Nothing.
    Energy, matter; coalescence, formation; life, mutation; thought, transcendence; entropy, death.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Energy lasts forever. No?
    Can you please elaborate on this?

16. Nomadd22 Registered Senior Member

Black holes evaporate because of the virtual particle creation and destruction that occours continuously in every bit of space. Because the gravitational strength can vary so radically over the width of an electron near a small black hole, some of the virtual particle pairs that form there never recombine, and one of the pair heads for the hole, while one escapes. Hawkings view of conservation of mass and energy led him to decide that since a particle was created near the hole, and continued to exist, the hole had to have given up some of it's mass to pay for the creation of that particle.
    And there isn't really an inside to a black hole. No point of mass existing in a space. That would require there to be spacetime past the event horizon, and that don't happen. Asking if the mass of a black hole is in a point in the middle, or distributed in a two dimensional event horizon is asking the wrong question.
    Even popular astrophysisists talk about going through the event horizon, and that's not what happens. People need to stop trying to apply rules that describe spacetime in areas where it doesn't exist.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

So, it looses mass, but how long does it remain a black hole (till what ammount of mass), and what comes/remains in its' place?

18. NO1 I Am DARKNESS Registered Senior Member

When was the intergalactic homo sapien manifestation?

19. blobrana Registered Senior Member

@Nomadd22

<b>Re:</b> >> “<i>And there isn't really an inside to a black hole. No point of mass existing in a space. That would require there to be spacetime past the event horizon, and that don't happen. Asking if the mass of a black hole is in a point in the middle, or distributed in a two dimensional event horizon is asking the wrong question.
    Even popular `astrophysicists` talk about going through the event horizon, and that's not what happens.</i>"

You point out some interesting ideas, though I don’t agree with them, regarding the `disappearance` of normal space time inside a BlackHole.

Have you any reason to believe that that is the case?

And how would it relate to the current `stringy/fuzzy black hole` theory?

20. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Not yet. Eventually human (and alien) consciousness will transcend physical reality and become incorporated into the very structure of space itself. Our minds - or the collective supermind we will have become - shall continue growing and broadening until its spans millions of lightyears.