help!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by mr chopper, Nov 8, 2001.

1. mr chopper Registered Member

i want to start out in astronamy, i have tried everything i can think of i have looked for a local astronamy club but to my suprise i can't find one.

i don't have a clue as two what equiptment i will need to start out im particularly interested in taking pictures of what i can see.

can anybody help?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Manchester, England Astronomical Society.

New Hamshire Astronomical Society.

<<...i want to start out in astronamy...>>

Easy. Be outside looking up whenever possible. Buy a binocular -- an easy and affordable first telescope. Subscribe to astronomy hobbiest magazines like Sky & Telescope, Astronomy, Astronomy & Space Magazine, Astronomy Now. Visit your local planetarium/public or university observatory and tell the folks there what you've told us.

And hang out at web places like this one, and others, to be with people of similar bent.

Ad Astra!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mr chopper Registered Member

thanks mr g and also wet1 for you're help i don't no why i couldn't find those sites myself.... i feel like an eeejut!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hevene Registered Senior Member

If you want to buy a telescope, make sure the base is massive enough, casue lots of the telescope don't have the proper base to support the weight. If you can pick up a telescope, don't buy it, you wouldn't want to loose you target everytime you touch your telecope.

8. Biggles Custos morum Registered Senior Member

9. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

re;Astronomy

HI Mr chopper/
    to get a good telescope go to Southport on lord street there is a shop there and its a bargain you can pick up what ever you want and if they dont have it they will order it for you,also trywww.open2.net/science have fun.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!