I think this says it all...

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Undecided, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

Now some people who know nothing about economics seem to believe that the US economy is running along like a horny cat, but I think this ad at the Financial times wesbite says it all:

http://img2.uploadimages.net/show.php?img=994156lol.jpg

Look at the top ad...What weak American economy? In 2005? Its amazing considering that B economists are running the US economy today.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And ppl with IQ's in the range of GWB are still in power...amazing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

It is simply amazing the people that have the idea the US economy is strong , it is like the fairytale story "The Emperor has no clothes" . They seem to believe that because their Goverment tells them that their economy is running fine they believe it . Back to that article advert if you see through it it is actually a warning and an advice giver to dump US dollars for the Euro . This is a prediction that the US economy is sliding fast and an advice to investors too get off while the going is good .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DubStyle I may be wrong, but I doubt it Registered Senior Member

its also an ad designed to get someone to click it and then buy a service

i see a lot of crazy claimes in those 6x2 little blinking windowsat the top of the page

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

Yes maybe from geocities website, or Mr. Gannon, but this is an accredited site, and business. This isn't spyware, I even checked out the site it was obviously professional in stature. So again maybe you can tell us how the US economy isn't fucked?

8. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

This'll sound harsh, but get over it; most of you on this website are low/non-earners. As such, you'd fare badly no matter what the media tells you.

That said, I DO believe the media are feeding us a bag of fresh fertilizer about the economies in the west. As a brit, we're RELATIVELY lucky that our economy is resilient, but even we are getting battered by cheap labour, outsourcing, and rabid corporate cost-cutting.

Now, I did extraordinarily well between the early 90's until late '02, and things went mild, as was the case for most of my peers. Darwin, I-Ching, whatever (sound familiar?!!?) you have to adapt, or in modern parlance, "Reposition yourself in the market". BUT THINGS ARE NOW HEATING UP AGAIN. This is a trickle-down process; higher earners don't trumpet our successes nearly as much as non-earners bemoan their lack thereof, simply and only because we're far too busy making money. Just take comfort that the turnaround IS en-route. You just won't have any 'feel-good' factor (as we in the UK term it) for a while. Stick to your jobs for now, keep plugging away at the books, hit the gym if your job is the "safe-but-slow" type.

Jaybee.

9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

What I can't believe is that our argricultural profits are so screwed right now. That's the only product that we've always had a surplus with but now it's declining big time. Two years ago we had something like a 6 billion surplus, then it dropped to 5 billion the next year. This year? It's at ZERO!

- N

P.S. Don't quote me on the numbers, heh. It's something like that, just trying to remember off the top of my head I saw on Lou Dobbs the other day.

10. Undecided Banned Banned

Jaybee from his cast

Stop being a narcissist and make a point...because even the idiotic person on Earth can be rich so I don’t take “wealth” as a measure of worth.

11. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

40 posts versus 4500 or more...my point is well and truly made.

12. marv Just a dumb hillbilly... Registered Senior Member

Wealth may or may not be a measure of worth. Bill Gates has created a lot of jobs and made others more productive. He's wealthy. Paris Hilton has contributed nothing, yet she's wealthy.