Sixth Sense?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Rick, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Valued Senior Member

minusing all the senses,do we still feel?i mean is there anything like sixth sense?and much simpler...what is the difference between thinking and feeling?if there is a sixth sense in some of us?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

The sixth sense is made up by humans who want to believe they are special.

It is the same as having the feeling, you pick something up from another human or just have the feeling something is going to happen.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Like a real rotten feeling which is pressing on you all day and then something nasty happens.

Or just the opposite...You are very cheerful and the day brings nothing but good 'things' and friendly humans on your way.

Some other humans have the straight feeling something is coming on their way and most of the time they are right in this...

Have a nice day.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

We have physical sensors to understand the world around us. While we have settled down on sight, sound, taste, smell, touch; I am sure there are many direct and indiect sensors in our body connected to the brain. For example, pressure, temperature, flow and others.

The sixth sense could be considered a derived knowledge from multiple sensors. It is similar to understanding what is solid or liquid from just vusual imagery.

You could similarly have seventh sense, eight sense and so on....a derived sense from the database...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

KM,Banshee,

i"ll give you a terriffic example of sixth sense that did just happen to me while in the college.

i had kicked a guys a** at the corrider and ran away from the place(all in fun,we are great friends).during break he was coming from backside i was standing with my friend busy talking about my latest project,he was coming from back and i dont know i just felt he was coming he was too far for any smell or other sense etc,but i just felt him,you know that feeling that sometime happens.

so i wondered...

bye!

8. Bobby Lee member Registered Senior Member

A Givin Misnomer

Well in my opinion we all have a energy reguardless of awareness of understanding. Its up to the operator, so to speak, how it is used.

Used for negitive's it consumes it at a high rate as does all low frequency's.

Givin as a positive the opposite should be true?

I dont know the answers, but is the gun dangerous or negative, or the user? Is the rock evil, or was the one that threw it?
    (comments of misuse of givin abilities)

Hope this makes since to others, I know what I mean......

Just some thoughts I had, dont have any conclusions!

bjl

9. aswanikumar Registered Member

Sixth sense? just a probability

Friends,
    i feel as human beings we have five senses.we all know about them.the so called sixth sense is realted to mind means our way of thinking.

if we do one work,we know the possible outcomes for that work.among those probables we may think one of them may come true.in rare occassions it may happen so.then we r calling it as sixth sense.

but if you see Hindu mythology,there are so many saints who practised Yoga and Meditation have acheived this.bcoz they practised the organization of mind and way of thinking.

So what i feel is this sixth sense shows our way of thinking and apporach to a problem.

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

Aswin,

do you know what yogis actually did?i would like to hear your opinion out...as far as i know,what they did was practising via concentration to divert or redirect or may be concentrate energy at a desired brain part or point and then releasing it in certain fashion(releasing the electric signal),so as to produce desired result like lifting an object without moving limbs etc.so in short they were trying to bulid a strong internal ALPHA and BETA wave transmitters.any inputs would be welcome to my opnion.

bye!

11. aswanikumar Registered Member

iam accepting

hello sir,
    iam accepting with you.the yogis practised all this.
    they have build up their meditation power in such fashion.

i hope you know about "Kundalini yoga".it is the highest step of yoga.when one achieves that then there is no doubt that he got some eternal power.

that kundalini power is having such a power that one can easily do all kind of things as u said.also they will know what r the things going on at other places by concentrating their mind.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

There is actually a sixth sence if you call it that, but I also agree tht there could be more. Let me tell you about one of this.
    when hunting or at war many people say (I have felt too) tht someone is watching them. You feel their look or as I think, their concentrated atention on you.
    It is in official KGB(russian FBI) handbooks written, that when following a person, you should never concentrate your full atention on him. Never look at him directly for longer periods of time, because the suspects usually susspect tht they are followed and take counter-measures. That might be your case too Zion.

13. kmguru Staff Member

During my college days, we tested manytimes by focusing on other students base of the neck in the class from several rows behind and either they will turn their head to look straight back at us or talk to us afterwards as if we asked them something that they heard.

This could be a series of co-incidences too...but looked like statistically significant.

14. Rick Valued Senior Member

You know i have tried this stuff out and the guy sitting far away really gets the feeling of being stalked at some point of time...yes...

bye!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.