The Dowgone Tribe (READ-Has to do with Astronomy)

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Tristan, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

The Dogon Tribe (READ-Has to do with Astronomy)

The Dogon tribe (prononuced Do-gun) is a very interesting one. I saw a tv show on them. They seem to posses very good knowledge of the stars and have like 150 symbols that they say were given to them by there masters, creaters ect. The symbols clearly represent astronomical objects that can't be seen with the naked eye. I don't remember exactly but they said they came from a star, which they showed by drawing it in sand or something. They described it. Since I don't remember the details i can't go into much detail but they possesed knowledge that is literally impossible for them to have. The star they said they came from has been identified. Don't remember which one. Anyway, Comments?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2001
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rde Eukaryotic specimen Registered Senior Member

coincidence

Many, many tribes around the world have myths about the stars. So many, in fact, that it's inevitable that some of them get some details right.
    The Dogon ceremony, if memory serves, takes place every sixty years, ten years longer than the orbit of Sirius' companion star. The Dogon also say that there's a third star; so far, there doesn't seem to be.

So: it's a coincidence.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

<<...very interesting...They seem...they say...can't be seen...I don't remember exactly...Since I don't remember...i can't go into much detail...Don't remember...Anyway, Comments?..>>

In response to what?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member