Nibiru - 2001 KX76

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by cblesius, Oct 31, 2001.

1. cblesius Registered Member

Having followed the writings of Zecharia Sitchin who has translated (interpreted) the Sumerian cuneiform writings (that unfortunately is outside the realm of my expertise, I begin to wonder if the recently discovered celestial object (larger than Ceres) 2001 KX76 might not be the "incoming" Planet-X or Nibiru (=the planet of the crossing) as described by the Babylonians.
    How can a host of asteroids (all of them known for many years and all of them much smaller than the newly discovered 2001 KX76) have been described and yet that 2001 KX has not been catalogued before?
    CKB

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

2001 KX76 is not large enough to have sufficient mass to move the larger rocks. I think if I remember correctly it would have to have a mass of the size of earth or bigger to move enough rocks in our direction. I have read that some estimates have even been leaning toward the size of a Jupiter size mass. Towards that line of thought old photos have been scanned looking for indications of a cold body that might be of that size. Also, plots have been made looking for a common "initiator" that might give the area of location for such a mass. Nothing yet has been determined as definate. For more info see the following thread.

http://www.sciforums.com/t3794/s/thread.html

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

In the decoding process by Sitchin he has also found that Sumerians believed that 10th planet has a highly elliptical orbit and enters the solar system after every 3600 years,earth also was the result of smashing of this fable planet into Tiamut(I dont know which planet this refers to)which also resulted in formation of the great bracelet(or the ASTEROID BELT).