help me on this macroeconmics problem!

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by ni5moserspecv, Dec 14, 2004.

1. ni5moserspecv Registered Member

can someone help me on this:

Use graphs to show the impact in the market for goods and service and in the money market of the following events: (In answering, indicate the effect of each even on AE, Y, M, and r.)

a. there is an unexpected decrease in investor confidence, leading to a sharp decrease in orders for new plant and equipment.
    b. A major new york bank fails, causing a number of people to withdraw a substantial amount of cash from other banks and put it under their mattresses.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shifty Russian International Man of Mystery Registered Senior Member

I fail to see why your texts books wouldn't have this... all pretty basic stuff.

a. To show drop off in confidence draw a basic S/D graph, with a seond D line that indicates a drop in the demand - This should indicate a lower price for the Plant equip. For the money market draw a standard S/D for the cash market. The decrease in confidence would cause the S to shift to the left. The D should ^ for S. There for the r would ^. I'm sure you can rattle off something about what affect it has on different parts of the economy (copy your text book and incorporate the question)

b. I think you should start with a standard S/D for the cash market, draw another S to the right of the original. And use this to explain why there might be an ^ in the spending on G/S. And then draw a standard S/D graph, with an increase D - caused by the increase in $S. (once again copy your text book and incorporate the question).

Use real life examples (maybe Argentina) - and what that does to 'r' in the short and long term.

Take care,
    -Shifty Russian

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.