A theory on the universes end and rebeggining

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by MewSkitty, Dec 2, 2004.

1. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

This is my own thoey that I've come up with in the past few years, tell me what y'all think about it:

I think that once matter goes through radioactive decay, that the forces inside a black hole could cause the decayed particles to be able to reform into matter. Eventualy all the decayed matter in the universe will be sucked into black holes and eventualy the black holes with fuse together causeing another Big Bang and recreating the universe and this will continue to happen for all of eternity.

So is this theory credable and what do you think about it? I'm not afraid of critisism and bad comments.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Yes, a quite believable theory.

However, the latest observation by the Hubble, Keck and spitzer telescopes show that the universe isn’t being restrained by the matter(gravity) that it contains (i assume that that would be the case if the matter were in another form - black holes)...

Therefore, the black holes that are formed, in the end, will still be expanding away from each other, forever...

So <b>unless</b> our observable universe is untypical of the universe (in total) I’m afraid that a super black hole will not form.

[Adding; I’m not sure how you could test a theory that says that we live in a unique and less dense part of the universe. ]

So there is hope yet...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

I made this theory befor I found out about the endless expansion thing. I'm only 15 so I don't think too well about things befor I put them to use, that's why I want people's oppionions on my theory.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BlueMoose Guest

Hi. Very good theory since I have been thinking that too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It is so simple that its gotta be so

The BIG BANG (The WHEEL of TIME) is going on as we speak and it will go forever. I get that idea when reading some book where western science (quantum physics) and eastern philosophys (Tao-ism) were match together, lots of similaritys in both in many level. If we go through the BLACK HOLE we are part of BIG BANG in other dimension. Or not

But until somebody gives me better explanation I will go with this one...

8. Facial Valued Senior Member

Your theory happens to be the exact same theory that supports the big crunch. In spite of this, more evidence points towards the apparent existence of a dark force that accelerates the expansion of the universe.

9. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

We still know nothing about the nature of the dark energy - one theory allows it to ultimately decay into normal energy, and perhaps even into matter. That would mean that, unimaginably far in the future, long after the last stars have burned out and all other clusters of galaxies fled far beyong our particle horizon, the black and desolate Universe will suddenly be filled with new light and plasma... perhaps enough to stop the expansion and pull things back together?

10. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

My theory is alot like the big crunch theory, but it over comes the radioactive decay problem that some theories have. I have a solution to the blck holes coming together, but I don't have the time to post it, I'll do that in about a week so hold your horses.

11. Sirius Is Serious Registered Member

Recent research has suggested that black holes simply evaporate! - and the residue is nothing more than the fading radiation fusing into the fabric of our time & space!

(on the quantum level, there is no space for any kind of matter - decaying or fresh and inside the black hole, matter in any/all forms is already history)

A general reading into black holes and quantum mechanics is suggested for you.
    Hawkings could be a good starting point or if you want to start a bit more lighter, Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" is a must read.

12. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

It takes billions of years for even a small black hole to evaporate acording to an article I read.

I've read Carl Sagan's "Cosmos when I was in 4th grade. It was intristing to read,expesualy his equation that showed the chances of intelagent life on other planets. I think I have time to put down my thoughts on the black holes coming together problem:

Even though a black holes great gravity only streatches a little ways, if two do come together, they would cause gravity waves. Not much is known about gravity waves, or even know if they realy exist, but if the gravity waves of two emerging black holes are able to attract other black holes around them then they would start coming together as well causeing more gravity waves that are even stronger.

Here are a few problems with this that I may have found: The gravity waves could destroy the incoming black holes, and/or the other black holes could use there gravity to keep the other black holes from coming together causeing them to endlessly rotate around each other until they eventualy evaporate into another dimention.

I'm only 15 and 1/2 and I've only been studying physics for about 6 years, but I think this is good just for a begginner don't you think? Who knows, my theory might even prove to be plausable one day.

13. TheHeretic Registered Senior Member

i have a similar theory but it involves another aspect. I hypothesis that over time a black holes create a big bang but in another universe. So The big bang that created our universe could be the result of a black hole in another universe. I once also thought that black holes would create a big bang in our universe recycling matter in the universe,but a big bang could not exist in space. The big bang occured and space was created withing the expanding singularity. I suppose a universe with in a universe is possible but it seems more plausable for black holes to form parallel universe.

14. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Yes, a remarkable book entirely - and just as relevent today, despite the enormous advances in astronomy and the discovery of dozens of extrasolar planets. If Carl sagan were alive and writing it now, he would doubtless devote a whole chapter to the varying architecture of different planetary systems and the exobiological implications.

(Did you like the painting depicting passage between levels in an infinte regression of nested universes?)

I don't think that gravitity waves act to pull in objects beyond the normalrange of appreciable gravitational attraction. They are simply ripples in space, which compress an object from side to side as they pass. Their real relevence is that, to generate them, a pair of black holes must shed some of its angular momentum - this is why their mutual orbits decay until they merge. In the remote cosmological future, similar infinitesimal orbit decay may cause all stars and planets to spiral into the giant black holes at the hearts of galaxies.

15. MewSkitty Sciforums.com sucks! Registered Senior Member

There's still alot I don't know in astronomy due to the fact that there are few book for me to read on the subjects that intrest me most and I'm not realy that good at loking things up on the internet. I know in time I'll do great work in the fields of astronomy and physics, it's just at age 15 there is little I can be expected to do, and without expectations there isn't anything people would pay attention to me for. Well my thoughts are confusing me so I'd better stop talking before I say something that even I know is stupid, like: "Gooder is the bestist word" For you see I'm a little kid at heart and I don't want to grow up so I still act like an 8 year old at times and I tend to ramble on alot, sorry.

16. Gambit Star Universal Entity Registered Senior Member

I believe that if the big bang theory is correct, then our universe must be revolving around a "black hole sun" that was created from the explosion / implosion.

So it must be possible that everything that expanded from this theory must come back to its original state before it happened, therefore, in my beliefs, we are apart of the energy for the next bang.