Whats gonna happen in the end??

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Tom, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Tom Guest

Is there a end? what will happen when the last star burns out?, is it then up to us/every1? when the last star runs out, does the light of hope also flicker its last flicker?

any comments you have would be nice, even f**k off you retard

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scorpio Registered Senior Member

Tom, First of all we do not know if the Universe will expand infinitely or not... This all depends on the total amount of matter in the Universe (and the famous problem of the 'dark matter'... that is matter that is possibly there but that we cannot detect).

Either there is enough matter so that the Universe is "elliptic". That means, the Universe will slowly decrease its expansion, then will start to collapse and then will end in a 'Big Crunch' (the exact opposite of the BigBang). The whole world will progressively become hotter and hotter, denser and denser...and will finish (in about 25 billions of years) in a big blast of extremely high temperature/density... and we don't know at all what will be next (infinite quantities are not liked at all by physicists and mathematicians)... May be nothing, may be another BigBang and another cycle...

Or there is not enough matter to slow down the expansion, and then the Universe ("hyperbolic") will expand for ever... that means galaxies will expand farther and farther, stars will burn and then stop activity (in about 10 000 billions years... 10^13 ! Remember bigbang happened 'only' 15 billions years ago!): a galaxy will be then a collection of black dwarfs, neutron stars and black holes, plus all kind of cold matter: dusts, comets, planets, brown dwarfs etc...). Here and there a new star could appear for some trillons of years, because gravity and matter will still be there, some collisions etc...at the very end a galaxy will become a giant black hole (10^20 years), then remaining galaxies and giant black holes will assemble to form hypergiants black holes (10^27 years).
    Universe will be huge, cold and black with intergalactic matter here and there, a lot of hyperblackholes, gravitation. Protons and black holes are not immortal, protons decay very slowly (no proton left after 10^32 years), and black holes evaporate (in 10^200 years)... all remaining intergalactic matter will become iron then neutronic matter then will evaporate...in 10^10^76 years !!!!!).

Well this is what we can build from the current state of our knowledge... Pretty sure in 10 - 50 years from now, very different theories and views will appear !

Scorpio

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

In the end we will have been long dead and largely uncaring.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

The end

Death is only a doorway to the beggining of life

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Relatively recent observations from COBE and BOOMERANG demonstrate the geometry of the universe is flat and the amount of matter apparently contained within the universe will be unable to halt the expansion of the universe.

This means that, at the end -- if such a thing ever actually comes -- it will be very dark, very cold and very quiet.

9. BLASTOFF Registered Senior Member

Re: Life and Death

I ride a motor bike and i intend to die in jeans and with my family around me,but i dont intend to do that yet not for a good few years,i have a lot of life left in me and i intend to live it with my family,but i still say that when the time comes thendeath is only a door way to something else.

10. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

No protons = no Iron AFAIK.

11. suip Registered Member

don't worry, I'm sure Optimus Prime will save the universe at the last minute.

12. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

13. esp Registered Senior Member

sinusoidal universe

The nature of the expanding universe and what will happen when it can't expand any more is best described refering to a sinusoidal waveform type graph where maximum y axis positive displacement shows the maximum mass of the universe OR the maximum distance of the furthest point from the initial position of the big bang.
    Obviously, after maximum displacement the sinusoid returns to the zero displacement, so showing average mass OR displacement.
    The sinusoid passes throught the y origin and continues to minimum mass OR displacement, ending in a big crunch, where all mass is negligable and all potential matter occupies the same point space.
    As with all good sinusoids, the whole process begins again when the curve of the graph begins to return to the y origin.
    This is similar to the elliptical theory.