What's this all about?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by bkroneger, Oct 21, 2001.

1. bkroneger Registered Member

Anybody know anything about this? Why does it scare the hell out of this guy?

TS
    -----
    No. I'm not saying that. Have you read his message boards? He's anything BUT crazy. If the technology exists, then he's getting information from the future. Before you talk, why don't you read the book?

groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Discipline_Group

He's claiming that there is a technology in the future that allows for broadcasts to the past. He claims that these broadcasts are inaccurate and very general. He bases his claims on the many worlds interpretation.

His position is that the universe is linked -- the way we use resources and the way we think about energy. He's also very big on competing theories.

I didn't say he was an authority -- *you* said he was an authority.

>
    >
    >
    > I went to the site. I wouldn't say he's an authority.
    >
    >
    > > -----Original Message-----
    > > Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 9:31 AM
    > > Subject:
    > >
    > >
    > > Here's the site. http://www.ahlgren.net/aboutdiscipline.htm. This
    > sort of thing
    > > scares the hell out of me.
    > >
    > > Trevor
    >

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

the link doesn't work-I'm going to try to type it into my browser.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

I am half way through the book. It is similar to other philosophy-fiction out there.

We all pick up information from future through dreams. I had many. Some I use for my personal benefit, others, I can not do anything about it, because it is set in year 3045 (about). Still others go only 100 years out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

What are you guys talking about?? I tried typing it into my browser and it didn't work. Tell meee!

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

9. smelton87 Registered Member

Travelling through universes

i looked up some stuff about it and i found this. why don't you tell us about what all this means.

*****////*****
    Anybody know anything about this? Why does it scare the hell out of this guy?

> Subject:
    >
    >
    > Well he wrote a goddamn book about it. Look, if you don't
    > believe that the
    > technology exists, then that's your problem. Why have all those people
    > disappeared? Why won't he answer any of the questions? Why has the book
    > prophesied so many things?
    >
    >
    > _________________________________________________________
    > Do You Yahoo!?
    > Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    > I went to the site. I wouldn't say he's an authority.
    >
    >
    > > -----Original Message-----
    > > Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 9:31 AM
    > > Subject:
    > >
    > >
    > > Here's the site. http://www.ahlgren.net/aboutdiscipline.htm. This
    > sort of thing
    > > scares the hell out of me.
    > >
    > > Trevor
    >

-----
    No. I'm not saying that. Have you read his message boards? He's anything BUT crazy. If the technology exists, then he's getting information from the future. Before you talk, why don't you read the book?

groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Discipline_Group

He's claiming that there is a technology in the future that allows for broadcasts to the past. He claims that these broadcasts are inaccurate and very general. He bases his claims on the many worlds interpretation.

His position is that the universe is linked -- the way we use resources and the way we think about energy. He's also very big on competing theories.

I didn't say he was an authority -- *you* said he was an authority.

-------------------

I met Ahlgren about six months ago. He's not crazy. I tried to ask him about it too, but he was evasive. He just smiled a lot. His eyes are peaceful -- like he knows something. It scared me, but I really liked him. He was SOOOOO nice to me. The book is scary -- especially if you've met the guy. I don't know a whole lot about physics, but when you read what he wrote, it makes it seem very real. It really made me think.

>
    > I read the book. It scared the shit out of me. I wrote to him and tried to ask him about it
    > , but he won't tell anybody anything.
    >
    > www.ahlgren.net
    > groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Discipline_Group
    >
    >Cheers ... Sam
    >
    >

> -----Original Message-----
    > > > Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 1:48 PM
    > > Subject:
    > >
    > >
    > > I've been hearing so much about this algren person. Does somebody know
    > > where I can find the stupid book? I'd at least like to read it.
    > >
    > > Christie
    >
    >

10. smelton87 Registered Member

11. smelton87 Registered Member

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

These two links explain about an experiment that was conducted prior to "1996"
    http://www.aei-potsdam.mpg.de/~mpoessel/Physik/FTL/tunnelingftl.html http://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw75.html

both of them are about the same experiment that was carried out at sending Mozarts 40th Symphony at 4.7 times the speed of light across the scientists lab.

It wasn't recieved before it left well 81 picoseconds (pica is 10<SUP>-12</SUP>) or 0.00000000081 seconds.

You might say "But that's a postive amount of time, isn't the information suppose to travel backwards?" Well it's simple, take information travelling at a speed of 1 second and convert it to a wave form at 81 picaseconds, every 1 second that passes at that speed would have the equivalent of 1234567901 seconds of information (If you then parallel processed this you could have hours, days, months, years pass in a matter of moments.)

But once you get to that point you should know more about the problems of working with such devices on a Quantum cognative, and how parallels would occur, and what rules you should follow when dealing with them etc.