Electro-photonics: A fundamental aspect of the design of the Universe

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Captain Planet, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Captain Planet Registered Member

Here's a very interesting article considering electr-photonics as the basis of an intelligent information transfer in the Universe:

http://nujournal.net/choice.html

I would like some opinions on this article, as I believe the field of electro photonics has the potential to change the course of humanity. We need to develop theories that are NOT BASED on any uncertainty principles. The above article also present considerable intellectual argument that any "random" process is actually intelligently designed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

"GOD DOES'NT PLAY DICE" i certainly agree.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

Dampner.

I cut the url to find out more about NU. There was an article stating that global warming could cause the Earth to explode.

If that is the standard of science I would not belive anything I read at that site.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

<<...I believe the field of electro photonics has the potential to change the course of humanity...>>

I sense that your are in the plane of confused contemplationists.

There is no field of 'electro photonics' as you assert, though you might actually benefit from a search on "Quantum Electrodynamics".

Life immitates reality.

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Taking my own advice, I conducted a search -- only on the term electrophotonics -- and, as everyone can see, indeed a field of technology and investigation does exist.

However, electrophotonics still falls outside the intended meaning of "the potential to change the course of humanity". See Q.E.D..

9. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

One problem with the article is that there is no correlation between the communications taking place and the EM fields being measured. It is entirely probabalistic. A typical IS-95 (the CDMA standard in the US) cellular site has been designed to support a specific number of telephone conversations based upon the Erlang capacity of the site. The Erlang capacity is a probabalistic measurment of a given number of telephone calls taking place simultaneously in a given area. Regardless of the fact that the signal structure is only pseudo-random in nature and has actually been designed to appear random, whilst carrying non-random data, the fact is that the expected number of telephone calls at any given instant in time, and therefor the expected intesity of EM fields, will be probabilistic in nature.

Additionally, in IS-95, the voice activity factor plays a significant role in the RF signal that is actually radiated by both the telephone and the base station. The voice activity factor is based upon the fact that in human conversation, a vast amount of time is spent in pauses. When viewed from the perspective of the information content in a conversation per time interval, the nature of human conversation appears very probabalistic. So now you have a probabalistic number of telephone calls being made at any given time of day and a probablistic amount of information being conveyed during any given telephone conversation.

No wonder the students came up with a theory based on probability! In fact, I would like to see the theory they came up with and see how well it corresponds to the Erlang capacity of the site they were measuring.

If the experiment had been conducted in such a manner that a specific number of calls was held constant and each call carried a known message that was held constant, then I believe the students would have been able to determine that there was in fact an underlying signal structure.

It seems long leap (on the order of lightyears) to conclude that the results of a set of students analysis of EM fields which are truly probablistic in nature, but carrying non-probalistic data, can be translated into the concept that the uncertainty principle is no longer true and information is somehow encoded in the universe and our physical being somehow arises out of that encoded information.

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Besides his advocacy of the notion that global warming may cause radioactive decay rates in Earth's core to go critical causing Earth to explode, the author, one Dr. Tom J. Chalko, MSc, PhD (redundant), supports his hypothesis with a link to a book reviewed by a new-age bookstore:

"Thiaoouba Prophecy", Author: Michel Desmarquet
    The auther has been abducted by extra-planet beings to another planet for 10 days. After his return, he brought us the answers for lots secrets on our earth. The books tells us: The purpose of the Universe and our life on Earth, True dangers in life, surpassing the atomic destruction, Conscious reincarnation, life afer death, Big Bang, creation and evolution, Astral travel, telepathy, levitation, development of the mind, Aura and its significance.

Unquestionably, they're hooked on photonics.

11. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

I wonder if you could hear my groan from there....