Xev as Moderator... :rolleyes:

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by TruthSeeker, Nov 14, 2004.

?

Should we keep Xev as the moderator of General Philosophy?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2004.
  1. Yes, keep Xev.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No, let's vote for a new moderator.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This thread. Why the heck she closed it!? Like.... can she just close whichever thread she doesn't like!? Is that fair at all for other people?

I mean... there was no problem with that thread at all! And she simply closes it! Seems extremely biased to me. :bugeye:

This is not the first time I heard she did that. And when it comes to philosophy, it can be quite annoying to have her closing threads just because she doesn't like the subject. I propose we vote for a new moderator. :bugeye:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Oh, that is new, an impeach Xev thread...

Anyway, I think she has a good point. Alas, you could try putting that threadup in human science or Eastern philosophy, it might fit better there.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Even if that is true, that doesn't give her the right to close all the threads she doesn't like. She can always move, ya know......

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Perhaps you could put that thread up in the pansy idiot faggot section.

Oh there isn't one? Well perhaps you could leave the site all together.

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

It's not philosophy. The traditional approach of Western philosophy has been to logically analyze problems, questions or states.

"For the sake of discussion, I shall define "spiritual" as everything that is not physical or directly related to logic."

This removes it from logic and indeed from the physical itself. Good lord, you're not even discussing a subject.

I love these threads.

Damn, you got me. I think you're hot, Truthseeker. I grew up in a very deprived environment, so I associate abuse with love. Thus I mock you, thinking that I am displaying my affection. Although I taunt you for being weak, I *really* just want to ride your juicy meatstick.

9. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Wow, Xev. Ya should get an award for subtlety.

10. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Xev:
    Seems to be the mantra around here.

Dude. Listen to me, man to man.
    Read between the lines- the lines, man. She's not picking on you becuase its actually fun picking on dummies and midgets, both are actual turn ons.

Athelwulf:
    And you, an Oscar for stalking.

11. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

And you, a Grammy for . . . No, that'd get me banned.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

gendanken:
    Are you suggesting that my love for Truthseeker is a snide jab at a popular belief, rather than an all-consuming fire that lights my heart and fills my days with joy? You're not a real woman, but a fat old slob living in her parent's basement, jealous of the passion and desire I have to consume the quality man-flesh of this hunky he-god.

13. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Truthseeker, you need to be squashed like a roach. Don't you dare reject Xev's love! Don't you dare be a jerk like the rest of guys!

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Why wasn't the thread just moved?

15. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Probably because there's no pansy idiot faggot section.
    Porf should really put one in.

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

It's called the Cesspool. It's where all the cool homosexuals hangout.

17. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Don't worry truthseeker. You will get used to their immaturity after a while. They show themselves up and think they are funny when in reality they are an embarressment to themselves. They might see that too when they are drawing their pension. In the mean time (and it is a mean time), it is better to just suffer their ignorance.
    Remember they think they own the place. You know how it goes

your friend

c20

18. vslayer Registered Senior Member

well this is new, someone calling a moderator unfair for follewing the rules

they are supposed to use their discretion, that may seem biased to some , but they have to draw the line somewhere, get ever it

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well that thread does not seem the be vulgar or instigative, that were my cut off line is for closing threads, Maybe it could have been moved to somewhere. I think Parapsychology might have been a good place for it. But if Xev does not feel it a appropriate subject for philosophy so be it, TruthSeeker why don’t you just start another thread like it in Parapsychology.

20. Arditezza Banned Banned

I don't think it's the moderators job to shuffle threads around all the time. A poster that has as many posts as Truthseeker, should know what forum is appropriate for his post and post it there himself, not expect Xev to nanny up for him. Posters that post in the wrong forums are either lazy or stupid and deserve to be deleted.

As for banning Xev... as long as Fetus remains standing, she looks a lot like God in comparison... so she stays.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

So we have no postulates in science....

Also.... everyone always ask for definition, and I gave it.
    Besides, we can always argue wheter there are things that are not physical or not. Just because everything that we know of is physical, doesn't mean there isn't something that is not physical. If you say that, you commit Argumentum ad ignorantiam......

Not if you try to prove logically that there is something not physical.
    But in the thread in particular, the argument was that there is a direct correlation between spiritual activity and good health.

That explains a lot...

Because the moderator is biased....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Arditezza,

Thank you for putting me above Xev in evilness, I'm flattered, but facts are that Xev has had more banish, impeachment and complaints polls then I have, though I have been trying to catch up.

By the way do you believe we should give special treatment to members just because they have a high post count?

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Is there such a forum?

And that was not parapsychology......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.