Hard Drive Question

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Krazie, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krazie Registered Senior Member

I have recently bought a 160 gig hard drive, and I am about to buy a brand new computer, and I am going to install this hard drive in the new computer as a second hard drive. My question is: Would it be ok to put this new HDD in the computer that I have now for about a month until I get the new computer. Can I just take it out of this computer and put it in the new one? The only thing that I am going to put on it is some programs, and ALOT of music. Would it go into my new computer without any problems?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I advice to remove the installed programs before you move it to the new computer, because most likely they won't work in the new system (they won't be in its' registry) and most likely will require a reinstall anyways. small freeware software might work though

no problems with non-installed program setup files
    absolutely no problems with music

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Krazie Registered Senior Member

Thanks avatar

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. philocrazy Banned Banned

yes sure,just pick it up from one and drop it into the other
    then click the drive letter and youre up and running

just make sure you connect the jumpers and cable right,then run bios hd autodetect and save bios settings to allow the os to see it

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  8. dmcm01 Guest

yeah, most new drives require you to take the jumper off t set it to slave, they have picture of what the jumpers should look like, so also make sure that the other one is set to master too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.