windows XP register

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by rGEMINI, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

Alright i made a custom computer awail back and already having a laptop which had a windows xp install cd. i used that install for my xp. which means no register code for me. Of corse as usual it wan't you to register in 30 days... when i finaly reached the 30 days limit. the comp locks and only allows you to do this annoying register thing... so bored one day i look around in the register menus... I found a link on it which opens up IE to go to the link. so as you guessed i just went to my C: drive from there and used the computer normally. then one random day the computer was just registered... and i didn't have to buy the an extra copy of XP to use its GUI... just though i would say this so if your ever in the same jam i was in. =P
    GL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Would be nice if you knew where this link was. What do you mean "register menus"? The registry?

Details. Details.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. blobrana Registered Senior Member

Hum,
    perhaps the link was to micro$oft?
    and it was a corporate version of xp that doesn't require a code, type of thing..

But perhaps a scarier thought that someone on the net hacked into your machine and too pity on your plight and edited the registry for you....and has turned you pc into a zombie slave spewing out spam or or worse??

Er, or not...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.