Help with a Time Sheet program.

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Quigly, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Does anybody know how to or what program to use to do the following.

1. Create an internal(intranet) program to track employee attendance and tie it into a database allowing for semi-annual reports.

Right now, people turn in a piece of paper to me every 2 weeks with the days they missed and the reason for missing. I have come to the end of the year and have a large stack of papers. I need an easier solution for next year. Does anybody know if a form can be created using like Microsoft Infopath that can then be connected to a database of sorts to track the information? I want to be able to put something on each persons computer to where they click on it, put in the information about the month and then I can easily access it from my computer and track it and possibly print reports. Is this easy or is there a program out there that does that without spending large amounts of $$

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

you can get programs for free that do that, ofcause some would say they where aquired illigaly....

anyway it would not be to hard to make on a intranet server, using a little PHP and mysql a easy to use webpage could be create, fairly fast.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Kunax has mentioned there is programs that can do that, however if your after something thats networked then what you would have to do if you wanted someone to program it, is to work out the design.

Namely what data do you require from a user? should every user have access?
    It could be possible that one person can enter the details into their system from the "Bits of paper" as they are handed in, this way one person is responsible for chasing those slips and it makes sure people don't cheat your books.

When you start adding access to a database from multiple people it can occasionally get messy unless they all know how to use that database softare corectly.
    As for what Database software to use... well most databases nowaday have SQL in common (mSQL, mySQL etc) so if you write any program to handle the data, make sure you write the program to access the database software through a driver.

It's also a novel idea to use the databases rollback feature when entering data, that way a person might lose the page they are working on but it doesn't corrupt the database.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

As it goes, right now, our company has employees write on their own timesheets what days they missed in two week intervals and the reason. The reason is usually just a letter like (S) for Sick day, ect.. I am in charge of compiling these papers from everybody and putting a report together semi annually. All I want is a better solution without spending major $$ Basically the company doesn't see fit to spend much $$ on doing this as the paper trail has worked fine for them for a long time. Now that I am in charge, I have to take X amount of time out of my regular duties to compile these and make sure everyone has turned there sheets in and everything. There may be a simple way to do this easier, but I guess I just need some ideas.

Thanks!

8. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

How much you willing to pay?

cheers

c20

9. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Also

Do all relevant employees have access to a pc even if it is just the one in your office?

10. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Incidentally this is the sort of stuff I do for a living. No matter how big or small the solution, there is one to suit you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

If I think it will be a cinch then I wont even charge - I probably have stuff already that would just need tailoring slightly.

cheers

c20

12. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Yes, each employee has their own PC and we are all linked up to the same servers. There are only 13 people that I need to track though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.