Mozilla eats the cookies!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by curioucity, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hello guys

I have this problem right now. I'm using Mozilla 0.92. A lil while ago, I changed my password, signed out (after being signed in for months/cookies), and sign in again, accidentally clearing the 'remember me' option. Then I signed out again, then signed in with 'remember me' checked. My problem now is everytime I open my browser (a new one after start up), I am not logged in by default (I have to sign in everytime). Can someone help me?

Thanks

EDIT: It doesn't happen when I re open my browser, but it still happens if I restart my PC...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. what768 Guest

I use version 1.7.3.... Try changing options... Tools> Options> Privacy, especially the Saved passwords and Cookies settings?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

why do you use .92? the obvious thing to do is upgrade.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

On a different tangent here: does anyone know where Firefox stashes temp files? I've noticed that upon initial installation, it smokes. Then.. as time goes on.. it gets soo muuch slower... Sadly, it's almost slower than IE now.
    Any ideas?

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I found that a Security update for XP which involved the way that JPEG are processed on the OS caused a significant slowdown, it seems that since Firefox "hooks" to Microsofts DLL files to produce the images that it's inherited a slowdown because it's not a TRUE Microsoft product (At leasts thats my theory to it, not exactly 100% accurate without proof).

You can, Resize the cache using Options and even clean it. You'll find that it will slow down when the cache is filled, however when it's cleaned it will speed up a bit.

What I'm testing currently is a 1000Kb cache (1Mb), seems that it zips along real quick but of course means that it will have to "RELOAD" data more often, as apposed to using your "BACK" button through it's stored cache.

So you have to decided, more Bandwidth Usage Vs Higher Load Speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.