OE / connection oddity

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by glaucon, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Gretings,

Just wondering if anyone else out there is having any problems with Outlook express as of October 26th. For some reason, whenever I try to do anything, say send or receive, it automatically disconnects me from my internet connection. All other applications that use my connection are fine. Maybe some bizzare virus???
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    TIA

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Well, your first problem is that you are using OE. Possibly you have lost your mind.
    http://www.pmail.com
    I'd say that you need to uncheck the hang up after sending option. In tools>options>connection.

edit: why do I still have this fucking program? I have nuked the fucking thing umpteen times. UMPTEEN TIMES!! Die, why won't you die?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I don't think it would just be the hangup option, it can also be the setting if you tell outlook to dial a connection based upon the account. This means it hangs up to dial with that dialer. Usual setting I use is to tell the system "not to connect", therefore it will only work if the connection is already made.

Btw, XP SP2 does secure Outlook further no longer can people actually load "Images" to get a fix on your IP address or execute ActiveX/Javascript/VBScript (or attachments)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Thanks guys. I figured it out.. someone else (the only other person allowed to use my pc) somehow managed to change the 'disconnect when finished' option.
    Jeez.. I never think of the simplest things sometimes.....

p.s.: lost my mind quite some time ago...lol

What's the deal with this pmail? Is it simply a client I can use to access my ISP based mail account?

8. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

Yep. It's quite good. More powerful, more secure, perhaps a bit less intuitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.