HyperSpace (Life, Destiny,.....)

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Tristan, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

HOLY HOT DAM! That was a kick ass 3 part series with the guy from jurrasic park. 5 thumbs up. It was on TLC. Checkl it out Guys. (Comments?)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

I saw it. It was fantastic...no no no ...super fantastic....

There is another thread about the earth getting warmer. My point is what if the energy output of SUN over time is exponential in nature and we are gradually losing our comfort zone?

Then, we better hurry up and teraform Mars, because we may only have a thousand years left on this planet. No matter how much you control the cow farts will not help us in the long run.....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bondheli Registered Member

I could not agree more, this is the best space series I have ever seen and I hope to see more. Does anybody know where I can get the 3 shows on vhs?
    This series made me feel so small and insignifigant. I dont know if it was this show or not but some where i saw that they just discovered a huge black hole at the center of our galxy 100 times the normal size of a black hole. Now what if this is the power house for are galxy and time itself--what if we are being sucked in clockwise-exponintally increasing in speed!!!now nutons law states that time is relitive to speed and accelaration so as we go faster and closer to the black hole time goes slower?--WOW--at what point would time stop?
    Please respond-I have tons of Ideas floating around in my head!
    andrew

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John Devers (AVATAR) Registered Senior Member

Here's a wild thought for you.

If space travel took off to the point that light aircraft has where there were millions of craft leaving and entering the planet each day, wouldn't this help to cool the planet or is that heat the planet?

Hot craft would leave the planet and cold craft would come back or would their re entry make the heat problem a lot worse?

8. bondheli Registered Member

I think that the sun's heat is not are biggest problem,
    They said in the program that every 4 million years spicies seeem to be wiped out-- one possible reason is as are solar system revolves around the center of the galxy it bobs up and doun verticly very slowly and every 4 million years and it bobs down to a heavly star populated area and the suns gravity pulls in chunks of iceand they take about 2 million years for the first one to reach earth and thats how long it has been since the last dip down! The only thing that is preventing comets from reaching earth and distroying life here is jupiter, it's enoromus gravity sucks in the commets, but it is very plossible that they could slip bye!

9. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Bonheli- Go to TLC.com and search for HyperSpace. you should come up with someting and be able to buy the VHS.

I would have to disaggree with you bonheli about every 4 million years species being wiped out by a asteroid or comet. Now if you added two more zeros to that then I say ok. There called Mass Extintinctions. Where 90% of all life forms are obliterated. The trilobits were around for 500 million years. They were killed in a great mass extinction. If An ansteroid hit every 4 million years, the earth wouldn't have enough time for life to evolve back to the point where something could surivie another strike. 4 million years is peanuts.

10. bondheli Registered Member

ya, I probably got the wrong number, but still the future of the human race in the long run looks pretty bleak unless we can get some solution such as a light speed craft and a way to subject people to that kind of accelaration without killing rhem.

11. kmguru Staff Member

If our civilization is destroyed and another takes over during the next 4 million years, they will not know, we existed. I wonder if we could build pyramids or put gadgets under deep sea or in the orbit of the planet that will tell them we were here!

Any ideas?

12. bondheli Registered Member

how about a math message- so its universal - like from the movie contact? because future civilations might grunt instead of speaak.

13. kmguru Staff Member