Signed out unvoluntarily

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by curioucity, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hi

Currently my PC is blown up (it just can't start at all.. the LED in the main board don't lit at all, which make me assume that either the power cable is broken or the power supply exploded, no smoke anyway), so right now I'm accessing sciforums via a public computer, because of that, when I log in, I decided to clear the remember me option. Problem is, every now and then, I suddenly get signed out without notice at all, Forcing me to sign in again (right now, I chose the remember me option... darn). Any help on this?

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Had the same problem some time ago, but no one could help me either, but someday it just stopped signing me out again...

Just be patient is all the advice I can give.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

That has been happening with me since like... 2 years ago. The worse is when it gets me signed out in the middle of writing a post. I can't remember how many posts I lost because of that..... :/

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Some people use something like Notepad to type the post in beforehand to save on failures.

As for Curioucity's PC going down, thats bad news. If the PC's not getting any power then it won't light anything up. Power supply's are usually were the problem is at unless you live in a country that uses fuses on the plugs (in that case it could just be the fuse in the plug).

Make sure that if you get a replacement powerpack that you identify what you need correctly, a friend of mine made the mistake to purchase a powerpack that missed one -5v connection on it making it incompatible with his motherboard, Also make sure you keep it to the same ranges as the original since you don't want to fry your system any more than it has been.

You might even find it cheaper purchasing a new PC if the system was an old one.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I use Word.... that's how I've been avoiding....

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i use my browser, if it logse me out i just hit the back butten and opera has saved everything i typed

10. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Good for me that I've had my PC up again....... about that, stryder, yes, here we use cables with fuses, and indeed it was the cable which broke, and I've just bought a new one. Tee hee, no more unwanted sign out anymore

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

If php here runs on a IIS server it probably has the session_start() bug, which creates a new session if you have no cookies set. The server treats you as a new client, losing your data.

http://nl3.php.net/session_start

(scroll down to the first user contribution)

12. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

or the session just timeout.. puff your gone

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

14. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

"Use Firefox"

What was the superlative of a non sequitur again?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Too bad you can't really do that in a public computer...... :/
    I've done this in my own computer and I've also changed some cookies settings (but the XP edition don't have those settings, which is why I learnt the other way)....

16. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

"Too bad you can't really do that in a public computer...... :/"

And don't forget the better firewalls on public computers/nets have their own cookies policy (I don't rely on browsersettings either. There's some 'bad' cookies out there...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.