Media Player: ISO/IMG

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Stryder, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This thread is really for you budding programmers out there that are in need of a decent programming project and want to pick something that hasn't been done yet.

What I found is currently all media players don't support ISO or IMG, what I mean is that if I want to play any CDA music, I have to "Manually mount" the ISO or IMG image to then play it, I can't generate a playlist of either ISO CD's or preportions of those ISO CD's or have some method where a mediaplayer can automatically mount the ISO to play the CD.

(My originally idea was based upon how Zip files work internally in XP so that double clicking one decompresses it into a folder form that can be executed from. I saw there must be a similar possiblity of doing that with ISO's and IMG's)

So if anyone has the time, it's something for someone else to look into (I had a look but it's too hefty a project for me after looking into attempting to write plugin, although I did find that Daemon tools does have the capacity to use "Command line" to mount an ISO/IMG, it's just finding a media player that can be started and "stopped" when a track/playlist ends so that a batch file can follow up with the next ISO's [cd's] selection.)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river-wind Valued Senior Member

this should be very easy in Applescript, using only Finder "tell's".
    However, a cross-platform or Windows method might be more complex. Are there any media players with COM hooks?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.