Doom Legacy Mod

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by SKULLZ, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Speaking of doom,i downloaded legacy doom a .exe mod that you put your doom game wad files into,i must say playing doom 2 with open gl at 1078x764 res is pretty damn cool,you can even have mouse look and jump,gotta be the best .exe mod for doom wads.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Now this thread is going somewhere!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

SKULLZ where did you get that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SKULLZ Banned Banned

http://legacy.newdoom.com/

an all new engine,the new version was only just finnished a couple of months back.

Its got 32bit,dynamic lighting,fog effects,goes up to trilinear,basically most of whats available in quake 2/3.

You have to put the doom2.wad inside the directory,then hit the launcher button and set the thing up.

Youll have to buy a copy of doom2 though to get the wad,unless you have it already.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I have the doom collector’s addition with Doom, Doom2 and Final Doom. Will that do?

8. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Yep,you have the wad files so itll work.

Once you got it going and configured youll realise THIS is how the doom collection disc should have been like in the first place.

Cant believe theyd re-release all them games with no updated executable,too much trouble for them clearly.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  10. SKULLZ Banned Banned

These days playing doom the old way in 320x240 res under dos in win xp is shit,even with doom 95,cos youre too used to being able to mouse look and jump and the graphics look like lego bricks so im glad people out there are striving to revive an old game,its amazing what these programmers have been able to do.

Not only that but there is a doom community out there along with other mods you could try,and you can find loads of people online to frag
    go to www.codeimp.com
    it might be 10 years old but its still got a cult following.
    You can also download millions of wad files,which are like alternative versions of doom,like ghostbusters doom or hellraiser doom,you cant run out of things to download free and play with.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You know the same thing is happening with Quake 3 and even more so with Quake 3 slightingly enhanced progeny RTCW. It for free (RTCW:ET) and mods are everywhere.

12. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I played one hell of a lot of doom in my mid teens.

There're loads of cool stuff you can throw onto doom: zDoom, Boom, legacy... I know you can do split screen, which was cool 'cos my mate his brother and I had to play "one on, one off" after every few kills or so on the only two computers we had linked up. Although if you've been hacking the exe to fuck you won't be able to port new stuff accorss. For example, I made a flame thrower (from the fire sprite the Arch-Vile used) but alas it was unusable on the upgrade.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. SKULLZ Banned Banned

I just noticed one major bug with legacy,go to the last level (level 30) of tnt evilution on final doom,you cant get the red key,for some strange reason the steps dont go high enough to reach the red key,its definatly to do with the legacy mod,dont know if there is a work around for it.

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Any idea if the legacy mod will work with other id games such as Heretic and Hexen?

- N

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Aww darn, nevermind. Just read the site and it doesn't work for those games but are two of many player requests for them to do. Can't wait!

- N

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I wonder if there is something like legacy for good old "Marthon" on macs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.