New Star Wars Battlefront game....

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by cosmictraveler, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well I ordered it and should be getting it in 3 days. I hope it is as good as it looks for I was very disappointed in the "Galaxies" game.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dudish dude Look out behind you...ZOMBIE!! Registered Senior Member

Shouldn't this be in the scifi forum....?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well it's one of those Threads that has the Genre of Scifi, but it's also about a "Computer game". Scifi is really about the Fictional writing's and filmplays rather than the "Add on gaming experiences".

However if you feel that the Scifi angle has to be covered to then perhaps just posting a link to the thread in one sub-forum or other pointing to the otherones thread would suffice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well I recieved it this morning and think it is very cool. The sounds are very good as well as the graphic qualities. I would recommend it from what I have seen and played so far. There are different levels as well as areas that you can play in so it is varied enough to keep you entertained.

8. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

IGN gave the game a 7.5 which means it's probably crappy. Also the review says it's buggy and the singleplayer is bad. But I've read on other forums that the multiplayer is pretty good.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It reminds me allot like HALO, the same feel and workings almost just a step up is all.

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I checked it out, although I wouldn't say it's better than Halo, the way I see it it can be made to have very detailed graphics is is a bit like "Battlefield 1942" however it's using StarWar's universe characters.

Notibly some of the characters are interesting, for instance a Pilot can fix droids, build/fix turrets in turret locations and also fix craft while they are "Piloting" them, so you can guess they can be quite useful for those reasons in a Multiplayer, however I think I spent most of my time during the test Sniping (and didn't get the "Camper" award once)

Admittedly some vehicles and turrets you can actually snipe the person out of.

The Single player element admittedly is not that great and I didn't get a chance to test the Multiplayer, however I'm sure with enough people it would get hectic.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I only refered to HALO as that the feel of the game is quite the same, not better than HALO but just that it has that graphic look about it. I agree about it also resembling Battlefield 1942 in many ways as the engineers can "fix" things there as well. I still enjoy Battlefield 1942 overall though and just might send Star Wars back to them. It does have a 30 day free return policy with no questions asked. The disks are all encrypted so that you cannot make copies of them, at least not with Nero.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. shadarlocoth Registered Senior Member

The game is ok but it is lacking a few things that are needed.

lean left or right and a sprint optionfor sure.

you can't tell AI units what to do and they are not very smart. some times they get stuck and just stand round other times they mill around doing nothing with your other troops getting killed. I think the best unit is the Jet pack clone trooper man its great with the flying.

The AI also does not use units abilitys like they would if a real person was running them. Rocket troops never use rockets on people. They dont lay mines much. pilots don't hand out ammo or health vary often some times but not much.

the snow speeder is worthless with out 2 people.

the single player game is OK but nothing to write home about. galactic conquest is also kinda lame.

but all and all its a good game some times its hard to lead people with the slow moving blaster bolts but you get used to it.

13. river-wind Valued Senior Member

is this the PC version of the game? any expirience with the PS2/Xbox versions?

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I have the PC version myself and am still getting use to playing it. With mine the troops help and don't just stand around as was mentioned, perhaps their game wasn't the PC or was on the "easy " setting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.