Links on a website

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by ChildOfTheMind, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfTheMind So dark the con of man Registered Senior Member

Hey I was wondering how one can find all the links on a website... I have this website, and along time ago, I put this thing on it, that you could'nt access cause there was nothing linking to it, and I just want to find out how to find out all of the things on a website...

it was a geocities website, but I forgot the pass...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ste_harris Net Ninja Registered Senior Member

So you've uploaded something to a website you made but cant remember the
    password to retrieve it through the file managment for the web page, right?
    If you know the exact folder (directory) it was uploaded into then enter that in
    the address bar and it should be displayed or give you a headache, one or the
    other... maybe even both

Have you tried requesting a password reset?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Unless the index file is missing the site is not about to tell you what files it holds so the easiest thing to do is to request a new pwd, if the website is yours that is.
    There proberly is a "forgot password" function you can use hidden some where on geocities

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ChildOfTheMind So dark the con of man Registered Senior Member

The website, is mine... the request pass... that was the first email I had, so I just typed in some random email. so that wont help. are you sure there arent any programs?

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I guess that you haven't placed a .htaccess file to lock out and use authentication, so that just means guessing the file and perhaps the folder.

There are two things I would check out:

www.intellitamper.com
    This particular program can be used to "Spider" a whole website and attempt to see just where the links do go on it. There is also the fact that you can even run dictionary scans for specific filenames or even custom dictionaries. It can be used to look to see if their are weak scripts located on websites although of course it being run will be logged on any normal websites logs for the number of 404 Document not found responses.

http://www.nullpointer.co.uk/-/webtracer2.htm
    Webtrace ha the similarity of spidering a website to intellitamper however it doesn't do the personal dictionary scans etc, however what it does do is generate a 3D output of the websites structure into an OPENGL program.
    It's really useful for webdesigners that want to see how well their sites are created, if all the pages are well interlinked and their are "Circles" with index page "hubs" it can prove the site when spidered is fully accessible at least by link standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.