Anybody use Wacom?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Quigly, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Anybody familiar or use Wacom products. Do they work out pretty well?

www.wacom.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I have a Wacom tablet that dawns from some years back (A3 CAD tablet), it works well although sometimes my firewall suggesting it was attempting through its driver to make connections outside of my computer, that could have been down to where I got the drivers at the time.

Other than that it's worked fine, it's been in use since 1997 and hasn't really given any problems other than finding new drivers when the operating systems change. However nowadays Wacom actually does a better job of providing their drivers online as a preportion of their support.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

We use several Wacom tablets at work, they are nice for use with Illustrator and Photoshop.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

They're nice. Especially for art work. The bigger the better. Having to constantly lift your pencil is not fun. Also, I've never been able to make them work very nicely in Linux (they only provide drivers for Windows and Mac).

-AntonK

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The intuious version is quite nice and the graphire version is also good. Bigger size is better but for $99.99 you can't go bad with the 4X5 size either.

9. river-wind Valued Senior Member

I have an Intuos II USB I got used off ebay, and I love it in combination with Alias' Sketch, and with Corel's Painter.

the new versions of the Intuous appear to be minor improvments over the model I have; but I see no reason to upgrade yet. Mine works great!!

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I have one of them, same one as river-wind. It works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.