Need Virus HELP PLEASE RESPOND QUICK!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by ChildOfTheMind, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfTheMind So dark the con of man Registered Senior Member

My other computer, has recently been running pretty slow. So I downloaded the program Ad-aware, it searched and found over 500 adware programs, it began to delete, them. As the deletion process was running I went into the Add/Remove Programs program, and began to delete the things that seemed like adware. Such as search assistant, and Home Improvement junk. I then deleted the thing called sidebar. As I did this the Add/Remove programs program froze, I ended it's tasked, and attempted to enter My Computer. It said, "Access Restricted." Upon restarting it states, "Unable to locate Configuration Files" In a red screen labeled NAV. After, this Windows appears to be loading but only shows up as a blank screen....When we hit escape in the start up process, the C: Prompts are not accessable and have a single Heart symbol next to it.

Running in Windows 98

Please Help

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

You will have to reinstall Windows or reinstall core system files from the accompanying Windows CD. Since you did not use an AV, you screwed yourself over. I think there are some antiviruses that can run before Windows is loaded, such as BitDefender. See if you can get one of those on a floppy and try that too.

I'm not sure about this, but maybe there's a way to make another partition install of Windows and troubleshoot the other partition from there. I'll leave that for someone else to varify.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Please do not cross-post to multiple forums. Your other threads have been deleted.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.