Help, quick

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by whitewolf, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I can't find the software that came with my digital camera on a cd, so that means I have to save the stuff on my pc on a disk. What would the files from that software look like? Whenever I try to do this with a program I'm always missing stuff.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

If its just a flash card you don't need any special programs. buy a universal card reader, plug it into the USB, and windows should recognize it. Probably as a bmp image.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Mhhhh. It appears I need nothing at all. Plug it in and that's all. Why do they give those cds with software then? I bet I can use almost any usb device without their installation thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

The CDs mostly contain crappy photoshop-like software. They are not really connected with the camera.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

XP can pretty much deal with most camera's through USB, if you were running Win9x or Win2000 you would need to install drivers. Therefore the discs usually contain not just a basic editing package and photo album but also the drivers for those particular operating systems (And sometimes even Linux)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.