random questions

Discussion in 'History' started by Preacher_X, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

hey guys can any of you please answer these following questions???

1. Has Afghanistan ever been occupied before the 1900's???? and if so by who???

2. Have Iran and Iraq ever had a war in which ended in a stalemate before the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980's

3. can someone list all the countries that foought in WW1

4 can someone list all the countries that foought in WW2

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ifi Registered Member

That looks suspiciously like a homework assignment :]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I have some random questions.

Why don't you do your own research?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

YES, By other people.

2. Have Iran and Iraq ever had a war in which ended in a stalemate before the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980's.

Yes.

Many

Many more

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

That's just because you don't know preacher X. If you examine the questions you might find a common element. I imagine he wants help in an argument he is making elsewhere.

9. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Are you refering to that regions entire history?
    The earliest I know off the top of my head is alexander the great but that was after the great movements that brought the semitic peoples to the middle east so it was very likely occupied before that. I also suspect but need to check that the persian empire expanded in that direction before alexander the great. After those the first ones I come to off the top of my head are the muslim arab armys on thier way towards india (remember most afghans were polytheists before that). After the muslim invasion came the mongols then the sassanid persians, then the moghuls perhaps. After that in the 1800s the brits and the russians fought over it. There are probably gaps but as I say this is off the top of my head.

2. Have Iran and Iraq ever had a war in which ended in a stalemate before the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980's

And how the battle for power in the fertile crescent began early, there were peoples on the iranian side of the euphrates who caused no end of trouble for the babylonians, there were numerous expansive kingdoms that occupied various parts of those modern countrys the Hittites, babylonians, assyrians etc the region was host to an endless power struggle for centuries. Then the persians under Xerxes conquered what is now iraq around 500 BC. After that for many centuries iraq was a part of the persian empire. Later roughly around 1300- 1500 when much of iraq was under ottoman rule there were numerous wars fought between the persians and the ottomans. Again this is just off the top of my head so there may be gaps.

Some of the countrys
    Germany, austria, france, england, usa, turkey (effectively the ottoman middle east jordan syria iran etc) italy, russia, etc etc.

Too long to go thru.

10. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I have a random question too:
    Where is the light?

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

In the eyes of the beholder.

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

My random question:

• If Betty is a half-hour away from home, and calls home on her cellular at 3:30 to say she is leaving at that moment and will be home shortly, and if we account for the time to walk to and start the car (five minutes or less), what time should Betty arrive home? (We may presume traffic to be light, and not present any delays.)

There is a hint in white text below.

Hint: The answer is most definitely not sometime after 5:00.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I would assume that she gets home about 4:00, but that of course is only a vague guess.

15. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

I guess she will be there shortly after 3:30

Then again 3:30+0:30=4.00

:m:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004