Cosmetic Origin

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by GRO$$, Sep 28, 2001.

1. GRO$$ Registered Senior Member

I believe that everything in the universe is a cycle. In 3rd grade, you learn the same rain has fallen countless times, around that time, a bit later mayebe, you also learn that the earth revolves around the sun, and so on.
    A bit ago, as I started "serious" physics in high school (I'm only 15) and lerned, as Einstein discovered, that matter can be converted into energy and vice versa. Not only that, but that matter can be converted into a lot (in proportion to what we have around us) of energy. You can therefore say that the cosmos, or at least our galaxy, currently, has more matter than energy.

Was it always like this?

I don't think so. I think taht this is another huge cycle. I disagree with the theory of the Big Bang, at least with the form of it that we learned. I don't believe that there was not time and no space before a certain moment, it reminds me too much of the end of the earth that ships would fall off of. I think it was all energy once, and very little mass. This energy formed black holes. Not black holes of mass, as we have now, but black holes of energy. These started melting together making bigger or denser black holes untill it all became too much and *BOOM*: lots of matter, little energy. And now it all begins again... Untill we all get inevitably sucked into another black hole and all turn back into energy.

I also had a couple of questions that my teacher was uncertain about:
    Can energy exist without matter?
    If not, then can matter exist without energy?

Thats about it, thanks for listening, feel free to post comments/modifications/totally new theories. Thanks.