Atari fans around?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Dreamwalker, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

If you liked Atari, and still think that it produced some of the greates games in history, you might rejoice. Atari plans to release many old titles on a single CD, but only for XBox and Playstation 2, at least for now.

(Full article here: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/fun.games/09/08/bc.na.tec.us.games.atari.ap/index.html)

Might be fun to revive the old classics, but perhaps they just ran out of new ideas...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Yeah, 85 games for 20 bucks. Sounds like a deal to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I'd rather spend the money on some condoms.

Seriously, why buy in hard format when you can download for free at no inconvenience?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The Atari name has been bought by a series of companies since the old days. The name is now being attached to a new generation of games, but few, if any, of the people who used to work for Atari are involved in the latest company.

My first "real" computer was an Atari 800, and I used to own a 2600 too, so I have a great deal of nostalgia for the old games.

8. eincloud Banned Banned

I got my first atari when I was 6 years old and I loved it but now I think that I am quite happy with my game cube

9. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Sure, you can download Atari games for free but Atari games were not meant to be played on computer. Playing on a console and TV is a different (and I would argue better) than playing on computer. Slouched on your parents' old couch in the damp basement with your black atari joystick on a day home from school -- now THAT's gaming.

10. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

I'm a Commodore fan, myself.

11. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Shame the jaguar flopped so much that could have been good there was nothing wrong with the hardware,a little while ago there was places selling the console and games at stupidly cheap prices,now though prices are not far off what it was in 95 where ive looked.

Ive got a neo geo cartridge machine and 24 cartridges,i could get loads of $$$ for that EASY,an auction on ebay i could get about £3000,im not selling it though,ill wait till its even more rare hahahaa,it reminds me of the stock market,mind you i paid between £80-120 for some of those games i bought it when prices were dropping,but its a good investment.
    If you have an original metal slug cartridge for the neo-geo youd get about £1200 for that on ebay,fucking amazing,i really wish i bought that when it was released for £250,missed that one.

12. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

I still plan on building a mame machine. i might put atari, nintendo. etc on there also. gonna go in the basement.

13. eincloud Banned Banned

I recall myself being quite fond of pitfall, and some racing game the you used a joy stick type control

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.