What is this game/knockoff...and should I buy it?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Cormac, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cormac Registered Member

At the Staten Island mall, there is a stand it's owners named "Video Mania." This past summer I have been walking by, not so much out of interest in the products but because of the pale-skinned dark-haired female beauty who tends it most weekday evenings.
    Today, I walked up to her and asked her if I could try. She asks: "Why don't you buy it? You get a hundred games with it and I'll discount it for you."
    I ask: "What system does it use?" She replies: "It doesn't need a system, you just plug it into your TV and play." Now, from what I can tell, this is a "no-name" item, it has an N64-like pad and a NES-type pad and a Nintendo Gun. It has a bunch of NES-style games; Mario Bros., Tetris, etc.
    Before I plug $60 into this thing, I'd like to know if something of this sort is reliable or even worth it.
    I don't want to ask a sales clerk--no matter how pretty--these questions, because they'll obviously say it is. I didn't get the product name, unfortunately, but I'm still curious about it. Sound familiar to anyone?

Respectfully,
    ~Cory

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

... that things well... get it if ou want but i would just get a NES emu or a SNES emu and get like 1000 games for free =D.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

It's probably something like this Atari thing. But it sounds like a no name product. Are you think by buying this thing that you'll get a date with the salesgirl? Keep a straight path man.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

It looks suspicious. Why don't they have a TV in the booth to demonstrate it?
    BTW, the "atari things" look pretty cool. I was tempted to pick one up at walmart the other day but I didn't -(works with batteries – and batteries just piss me off)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.