Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Captain_Crunch, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

It was possibly one of the best games consoles to date, at it's time it had the best selection of games with many true classics. It had stereo sound and 16bit technlogy.
    I can remmember when it first came out you couldnt buy original control pads, I had one of the see through turbo pads which were shite. The games I still have are:
    Super Mario All stars, Mario Kart, Mario World, Rock & Roll Racing, Street Fighter II Turbo, Donkey Kong Country amoung others which I cannot remmember.

I was thinking of buying some of those games that I should have bought at the time but didnt such as Super Metroid and Mortal Kombat etc. I know that you can get ROMs that have a dubious copywrite status for free but they cannot replicate the utter retro brilliance of playing it with the crap shaped control pads, on the television screen.

So what were your favourite games? Were you a Sega or Nintendo owner during the infamous Console Wars?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yay, the SNES, I still play on mine. All the Super Mario titles, Mario Kart, Mario Allstars...

Bomberman, some racing games, fighting games...

And of course the Super gameboy adapter thing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I really should look for some more titles. I always liked the donkey kong series, also very good graphics on those.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

Yeh, I have Bomberman, it is excellent! I can remmeber that 'DRAW' thing was really amasing back then because it looked so 3D!! I have NHL96 as well.

I still have my commodore 64 somewhere!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

My brother also had a commodore 64, that was fun too. But I think it broke down sometime.

Just too bad.

But luckily my cousin also had one.

8. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

The commodore was amasing with the tape drive, they took like 20mins to load up just for them to crash. The really amasing thing were the cartridges that you just plugged into the back and the loaded instantly! Remmember Flimbo's Quest or Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O'Fun? Man, those were some damned good games.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I don´t really remember the names of those games. It was the beginning of my video gaming time, I think I was five or six when I first used a commodore (or was it something else, an Atari?)

But when I recently cleaned up the cellar I found some old game magazines from the early eighties. Ahh, the nostalgia.

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

These not remind you of the C64 goodness?

Maybe it was a Spectrum?

11. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Nah, don´t think it was a spectrum...

I think I know the first game from somewhere.

Damn, I would not even remember the PC´s and consoles I have used, but I keep them in my room as furniture.

Same with games, if they are not lying around I would forget their names.

12. eincloud Banned Banned

Me and my friends play snes on a emulater on my friends laptop

13. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

Its not the same though. It cant replicate actually playing it on the real thing.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I had the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis i think in the US). The one without a CD-rom. That came out later.

It came with sonic the hedgehog. Shit, that was a good game. The other game we kept playing to death was the Ice hockey game. I can't remember the title, but there were new versions coming out all the time. I had a quite old version.

Oh, and Desert Strike and its follow ups. Those were my favourites. Then I got a PC and bought desert strike for the PC. IT SUCKED ON THE PC.

And when i was younger I had the C64, and before that a philips gaming system...PHILIPS VIDEOPAC G7000..

15. shyataroo Registered Member

Final Fantasy 6

16. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

Anyone ever play Evolution: the search for edan. ^^^ that game got repeatative but it was so much fun ^^^

17. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

Ive went on a SNES game buying binge.
    I got:

Battletoads
    Cool Spot
    Mortal Kombat
    Pilot Wings
    Doom
    Mario Land Two - Yoshi's Island
    Mortal Kombat 3
    Super Tennis
    Rise of the Robots
    Fifa 96!!

Some absolute classics appart from Rise of the Robots, that was just one of those games I liked but never got round to buying.

18. eincloud Banned Banned

Yeah evolution is great, I remember they made another one about six years ago

19. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

eh really what was it??
    another evolution would rock my sox

20. eincloud Banned Banned

I think it was on the dreamcast, or the other sega system cant think of the name

21. eincloud Banned Banned

oh wait it may have been on Genesis thats the one, but really not sure, search for the ROM

22. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

... do you mean the rpg... becuase i was talking about another game lol for the SNES

23. Albume27 Registered Senior Member

ahh memories...I miss the old Nes...anyone know where I can buy one of those bad boys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.