Cool Gadgets thread

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Closet Philosopher, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I'm bidding on the logitech IO pen on ebay right now. I think it is one of the coolest gadgets out there. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...ing&crid=1545&countryid=2&languageid=1&ad=hmf

The problem with it is that I want to turn my writing into type. What would be the best program to do that with?

I figured we should have a gadgets thread since new things are coming out all the time. We can post cool gadgets that we have or want, post reviews and ask questions about them.

I'll start

Here is a really cool one: http://www.vkb-tech.com/products/default.asp

comments?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So you think that people can't just take their notebooks with them and write whatever they want to?This writing then transferring the data sounds rather backwards because your doing more work to have the same thing done with a PC or notebook computer. Why write on paper when you can just tape record or type on a notebook?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Also on a lot of occasions I find a simple paper notebook and a pen a lot more reliable than any form of an electronical one. For instance hiking, adventuring, being at a place with no electrical supply for long periods of time.
    Though don't misunderstand me, I'm also a cyberpunk and well ready for an urban environment, but there are just things that suit one place and don't another.
    oh and I love hiking

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

my bag is loaded with batteries then though

// for my photo camera, torch and player. though I could do without them.
    what we need is a notebook with solar panels

I'm sure there are some adapters out there.
    though it would be little suited in this northeastern location. you don't see sunny sky that much often.
    a notebook with fuel cells sounds with a lot more of potential. I think I heard that they are even in development.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

You can already buy fuel cells for notebooks, but I donĀ“t think that they come cheap nowadays.

I always use pen and paper since I do not own a notebook, it just costs too much.

EDIT:

Well, looks like I have to correct myself, commercial fuel cells are coming at the end of this or beginning of the next year.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

wow, cool, I didn't know!
    things progress so quickly nowadays
    can't keep up with all of it

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

The Japanese seem to have great interest in fuel cells, so they trying to make it commercial as soon as possible. And the research is running for quite some time now. And the first fuel cell automobiles are already on the streets. Germany has a new fuel cell submarine that is superior to all the other. So it is just a small step to integrating/adding fuel cells to notebooks and mobile phones.

The Frauenhofer institue managed to built fuel cells that worked with notebooks in 1998.

10. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I don't want to haul my notebook everywhere. I confess, I prefer to write than to type. I am also weary of bringing my laptop around school. I'm just going to get a few extra credits (Calculus, Advanced Chemistry...). Many of my classes like music, calculus and chemistry have a lot o fspecial notation that would take forever on my laptop to type out. It would be easier to write it out then later turn it into scientific notation in type. I need a program for it though.

What do you guys think of the second link?

11. eincloud Banned Banned

Wow the second one is soooo cool and bye the way where do I vote for you Ilikesalt

12. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

13. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the votes! Keep them coming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.