21st Century Rosetta Stone.

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by thecurly1, Sep 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

I recieved this link in my e-mail today, and I found it very interesting. Its basically an effort to save the langauages of Earth for all time. Thousands could be gone by the end of this century.

Here's the link:
    http://www.rosettaproject.org:8080/live

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

This to is not a new ambition. Many times it has been realized that the past is dissappearing. Only now we run into the idea that storage meadia is changing rapidily to. If it had been stored on record you would be hard pressed to find turntables to play these records now. Ever it will become more diifculty as our knowledge increases. Soon the cd will go the way of the 4 track tape. Ever try to buy a 4 track player? No matter how we store it we face the same problems. Storage means change more often. These few examples show what I speak of.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but reading is unlikely a thing to become outdated. This seems a good, simple, solid idea to preserve languages, and possibly other types of data for the future.

Did you read the link wet1, I'm just curious.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.