Paintshop pro vs. photoshop. Which is better?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Quigly, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

What makes photoshop better than paintshop pro? Everyone I have talked to are like, "Your using PSP8?" Im like "Yeah" and then there like, "Photoshop is so much better." Well, please tell me, what makes it so much better? I haven't tried photoshop out, but PSP has worked great for me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I prefer PSP7 to PSP8.
    In Photoshop you can do a few things more, but I can do all the rest faster in PSP.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

In my opinion, PaintShop is simpler, cheaper, you could/can? get it for free for 2 months trial. I am used to PaintShop (even though I've started from Photoshop), PhotoShop feels awkward to use now. But maybe on the higher levels of the graphics needs, one would chose PhotoShop. For the bottom 90%, PaintShop is more than enough.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Blindman Valued Senior Member

I personaly use MSpaint for simple stuff, image rotation, clipping. For advance image work Photoshop does the job well, especially multi channel image formats, Alpha map, Gmaps, Z buffers. But for pure artistic work you cant go past Painter7 or Painter8. Gimp is also a nice imaging solution but is lacking in comparison to Photoshop, but it is free.

8. Sirius83 Registered Senior Member

Quite simply put, if you need advanced functionality and virtually unlimited potential, you can't beat Photoshop. If you just want to do fairly simple image editing, or son't have the time/patience to learn Photoshop, use Paint Shop Pro.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Paint Shop Pro is cheaper, but Photoshop is the choice of most professionals. There must be a good reason for that.

10. Dilbert Registered Senior Member

If you want something truely extraordinary then just use MsPaint, j/k

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i prefer Photoshop over Paintshop.
    I guess I prefer photoshop's graphical interface but I also think that you have more options, but then again I have never been a real Paintshop user so I have little to compare with.

11. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

w00t photoshop r0x0rs my s0x0rs... lol paint is good for simple things... but i don't own pro v. =_

12. eincloud Banned Banned

photoshop is so much better, I have not used pro v but I am sure that photoshop is alot better

13. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

... your a mac user thou... i dont' think ther a V. of paint pro for mac

14. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

You can paint in Photoshop and come up with very realistic images, or images of any style you like. I guess, in the end, it all comes down to the skill of the hand and the eye.

15. eincloud Banned Banned

Yeah I am a mac user but I have used paint on other computers...

16. river-wind Valued Senior Member

IME, the two programs have similar abilities, though I find the PSP load times and plug-in handling to horrible. Layers in PSP has gotten hugely better, though Photoshops' history pallet has launched it ahead yet again.

17. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

=_ also i love photo shops filters ^^^

18. eincloud Banned Banned

The filters are fun for different affects I usually screw around with them trying to make really abstract images

19. mickeyboy Powerslave rocks Registered Senior Member

I have used both and find them much alike, though i prefer to use photoshop elements one coz its what i learned on at Uni, but if i am making graphics of any kind i use Macromedia Fireworks it is the bizniz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.