Verry odd visual game problem

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by glaucon, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Greetings all,

Just did a clean install of Hitman Contracts; everything looks fine until the game actually starts.. then it's nothing but a brilliant white screen (except for the map in lower left hand). I tried going back to Training, exact same thing, except it's all grey and black.
    Anyone have any ideas????
    TIA

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

update you drivers mayby

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Or install the newest DirectX version?

Perhaps alter the graphic settings of the game.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Firstly if your using a Copied game that might be the reason, Recently Games programmers have tried newer methods to try and stop people from Copying/Cracking their games one particular method involves the LOCKING of BACKGROUND GROUND BUFFERING, where either a white or black screen is drawn over the actual play view to stop you playing the game.

I'm not going to suggest you wait for a better crack, but buy the proper game since it's the only thing that keeps the games programmers programming.
    (Unlike the Vanity of musicians that will sing even if not paid, okay so it's called "Busking").

Otherwise you have managed to find out that your graphics card can't PIXEL SHADE. That means your out of luck and need a new card because the drivers just aren't spicy enough to fix the problem.

8. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

None of the above, but thanks guys. I figured it out.. it was Post Filter settings. Turns out, Eidos forgot to write the appropriate code into the game to deal with, oh, 75% of the video cards out there. lol
    Ah well.
    Hey.. at least they're not EA.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Whats wrong with EA?

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

EA, have contantly manage to fuckup 1 game after another, while releasing clone after clone, other then that notheing special is wrong with EA

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well I have their Battlefields Vietnam and 1942 and both of those games are working great for me.

12. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

BF1942 good game but nothing special, vietnam is and improvement of failings of BF1942 but it has nothing new.
    EA is one of the worst publishers ever, that does not mean good games a not published by them once in a while.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I enjoy the NFS series from the first game, though NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was SHIT

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I agree with Avatar, NFS is good, the rest...not that great.

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

My only complaint of EA is they swallowed the Bullfrog Ltd site in their multicorp single site plastering

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Regarding EA: my biggest problem was in trying to get in touch with them. There was (at least up until early las year) absolutely no way whatsoever to get in touch with the company. I played their NHL series for the past 7 years or so, and have tried for the past five of those to communicate with them with respect to a problem with that game. I've given up and moved on. No biggy. Still, just goes to show what customer satisfaction is worth these days.

17. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I dont think that you've ever played it online with 40 other people, have you? Either that or A. Your computer sucks (like mine) B.you have dial up

18. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

ROFL I only play it online and at LAN events. I Still say there is nothing new or original in BF. I never play it in single player, as its to boring.

Since we are talking online how are the stats in BF?, compare them to UT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.