Question about Online Courses

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Falconheart, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconheart Registered Member

Hi,

This isn't a tech question, but it involves the tech field, so I'm hoping you might be able to help me out with it anyway. I'm thinking seriously about taking an online course from www.accis.edu. They offer an online, work at your own pace degree in Computer Science. You can get up to a Master's Degree, and it's all from home. I always have done better in a comfortable environment as opposed to a classroom one and I usually work faster than most people so this is perfect for me. It's accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council. My question is, if I recieve my degree through an online college like this, will I run into any problems trying to get a job?
    Thank you very much for your time.

--Michael

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Only if you don't keep a clean conciise portfolio of your overall work during your training.
    Also note that Hobbies and Interests outside of computers to show social activity wouldn't go amiss either. Perhaps even join a particular club or society.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.